ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to care for your clios paintwork

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

Also , ive just had 4 brand new tyres fitted today, Ive removed the white grease crap the tyre fitters left on, but would applying endurance tyre shine be too bling on brand new tyres.

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by optical on 26 May 2005
Im after a bit of wax advice.  I want to apply a few layers of wax and do a good job. The car has been washed clayed and polished. Ive got the following:- NXT Tech wax -Megs #16- Megs CC stage 3 carnuba wax.- megs Gold classWhat order should i apply these. I dont really like gold class or stage 3 as they are harder to apply and remove, so maybe just use NXT &16 but which first.

Personally I would forget the Stage 3 and Gold Class.

Nxt x2 and #16 will be fine.

Found this guide really useful.

Ive not really done much detailing before so i was looking for some advise on products.

After looking around for a bit ive found a few products i was looking at for a basic kit:

Meguiars NXT gen car wash,

Meguiars wash mit,

Meguiars quick clay,

Auto Glems paint renovator,

Megs deep crystal polish - step 2,

Megs quick detialer,

Megs microfibre drying towel,

2 megs applicator pads,

2 serious performance cloths.

Which wax would you recommend megs NXT Tech wax paste or, Megs deep crystal carnauba wax - step 3?

Looked at megs stuff as i dont think you can really go wrong with it.

Would these products suit a recently re-sprayed black car? and does this sound like a good kit?

Also do you use applicator pads to apply polish and wax then a cloth to remove it? and is quick detailer a good idea for cleaning off petrol if you have a spill when filling up?

Many thanks

Mark

All sounds fine, though on a new black finish, no need for AG paint renovator, use meguiars scratch - x or AG super resin on any minor scratches/swirls.

I would go for NXT wax and yes your right on the applicator pads and cloths and a QD would be fine for removing petrol spills

Thank you, this has really helped me as ive really wanted to properly clean my car for ages.

One more thing, my car isnt laquared (sp), this is why i really want to give it a good wax to protect the paint. Is there any special precautions i should take because of this?

Mark

Why no laquer? Is it a two pack paint system i.e. all mixed in, if so the last coat would have probbaly had plenty of thinners in it - a gloss coat if you like?

no idea why no laquer i dont really know about these things, but i take i should just treat it the same? Ill ask the bodyshop why no laquer.

Thanks

Mark

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

When i was in France for the last 3 weeks the road we lived on was being relaid. It was the cheap way, tar down then sprinkle loose gravel on top. The probem was that the tempertures there were over 30c everyday and the road temperatures were sky high. Because of this the tar could never harden which caused every corner to become like driving in mushy syrup.

Ive got a Black gold 172 and its badly pasted in tar. Its everywhere , arches are caked, sills, bottom of the doors, I dread to look under the car.

I need advice on what to use to get this off, mainly the body panels. If it helps the car had 5 layers of wax before.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.

182_blue What could I get of you for about £70-80?
I still aint got started with the package I was looking for.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.

Oooops I meant to edit my original post rather than post another one that make a new one making me look like an inpatient kid in a toy store!!! :oops:

I’ve got the cleaning stuff sorted now, just got to wait for it to arrive – good job anyway as my ca is getting pretty dirty now. Cheers guys,
:)

I have seen some very good results using the following:

- AG Super Resin Polish
- AG Extra Gloss Protection

How often should I use these? Am I better getting some shampoo for quick weekly washes? Car is new so no scratches yet :)

AG srp is technically a cleaner wax although it works as a mild cut polish. I would use thsi when you wish to restore/polish your paint and use egp as often as you like becasue this is in effect their wax, albeit a synthetic one. The combo should give you months and months of protection as its an acrylic sealant.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.

How about AG Super Resin then NXT Wax then DC3?
So, Wash with NXT wash... Dry, put the Resin then NXT & DC3? Would that work? :eek:

Clio 1.4, SV650S

oooh youve inspired me... only have tomorrow morning before the world series event. gonna get up and go get...

wash mitt
clay bar
some form of polish (ill see what theyve got in halfrauds...)
NXT wax (like the idea of polymers crosslinking... lol)
foam pads
currently i use a turtle wax shampoo, sponge, chamois, then turtlewax metallic wax. and i have been applying it with cloths in circles. :sick:

hopefuly a few hours tomorrow morning before work at 1400 will make it look nice for the weekend.

cheers for all the info!

106 GTi
I ordered mine this morning worth it for the Souveran alone, combined with the fact I am loving Cyrstal mist at the moment and AIO is what I use on the familys cars, it seemed silly not to get it. Never used the WG spray before but sure I will find some use for it!

^^I'm sure you will lol! I have about 2 litres of AIO already and too many QD sprays, don't get me wrong its a cracking deal - sale of the century in fact - but if you don't need it you don't need it!

106 GTi
Dont say things like that because I didnt really need any off it it!

It will get used one day, only will have three pots of Souveran, 3 bottles of Klasse and one of Carlack! Like you good knows how may QD's I know I have about 6 bottles of Sonus Carnuba Spritz as its being discountinued!