ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to clean up headlight lense?

Mk2 Clio Extreme 4
Hello, my headlights are vile and extremely cloudy. almost feels like an extra layer in some parts of the headlight. Anyone know how to clean them thoroughly? i have tried T cut, toothpaste, wd40 etc. No luck so far

Thanks

Or you could wet & dry them, you'll need need several grades of paper + polish etc. Be sure to seal them afterwards so they stay fresh.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I could also do with doing this to my Saab.

Some cheap kits on eBay that attach to a drill, anyone any experience with them?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
yeah I've used the 3M one, same idea using the drill. works well and since using the sandpaper stages all I have to do now is buff once a year with the cutting compound and seal them inbetween

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Me and @Louis' used Menzerna 3000 or 3500, literally just put some on a microfiber and rubbed the lights for about 2 minutes. Came up perfectly!

I originally tried with the 3M kit, or whichever kit connects to the drill, and didn't have very good results.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I used the 3m and was a faff.

Bought a das pro for general and just used that. A country mile easier lol

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
mine were awful the first time and the 3M was piece of piss to use, half hour a side running down the paper grades and done

as said now all I do is use the soft pad from the same kit with some scratch X compound once a year and keeps them decent enough