ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to DISARM phase one 172 alarm after key loss?

hey guys!

Im kinda struggling here so I hope you can help!

I had a fully operational and working phase one 172 alarm( the after market kinda add on ones with the red LED by the gear stick) and I lost the only key fob I owned.

When contacting renault I was offred two options 1. to pay the £250 for a replacement fob which would be programmed to the car or 2. a basic key with the immobiliser chip in it for £40.

I now have the basic key in my posetition and it unlocks the doors(no central locking??) and starts the car and allows me to drive ok but the alarm siren constantly sounds as the alarm is still armed.

Is there anyway to disarm this alarm? I assume that once I can disarm it that it wont re arm itself and my problems will be solved?

Many thanks!

Last edited:
  RenaultSport 172
Take the dash top off, remove the passenger airbag and below that is the alarm unplug, job done.

RenaultSport 172
Very easy, theres a few torx screws along the edge of the windscreen, one either end of the dash by the doors then you have to remove the steering column cover (2 torx bits underneath) once thats removed the last two screws are below the clocks. The airbag is held in by 4 bolts I think may be torn bits can't really remember..

Its very easy though

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Is the alarm connected into the immobiliser at all? Wanting to take it out of Djw Daves car as it doesnt work anyway but dont want immob problems.

All sorted now!

cheers for the help guys!

Dash was fairly easy to remove as was air bag.

I managed to get dash top off without removing A pillar covers.

I disconnected alarm and its all good :)

:clap::clap::clap: