ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How To Fix Your Gaitor!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Hello there,

I have noticed that a fair few of you have broken your gaitor clips. Changing this from Renault is cheap for a standard one, but for Clio Sports, its a rip!

I have a MK2 PH2 56 plate Clio.

This happened to me a couple of months back and then, a few days ago, I had an idea...

The two bottom clips of my gaitor had broken. So what i did was...

I DRILLED 2 SCREWS IN TO THE PLASTIC EDGE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LEATHER AND USED THE SCREWS AS CLIPS!

Pushed it all down and it fits perfectly and will not come off, even when I pull it!!

THERE YA GO!

RS Clio 172 Phase 2
did you take pics of you fixing the gaitor?

im guessing the higher prcie was for the gaiter and leather together whereas the fiver is just for the plastic gaiter lower bracket bit?

Honda. Tesla Someday
did you take pics of you fixing the gaitor?

im guessing the higher prcie was for the gaiter and leather together whereas the fiver is just for the plastic gaiter lower bracket bit?

I'll take some pics and post em up after work! :)

Titanium 182
Try £36 from Motorline Reno in Maidstone, bloody hell....
so I Just Araldited new clips that I had made of a similar shape and size. Hey presto job done!!!! You do need to leave for at least 24hrs for the Araldite to go off though.:)