ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to get a rounded nut off

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

When i fitted the ph1 seats in mi car the nut underneath rounded off on the last turn of the spanner. BOO HISS! And it was bloody tight as well.

Anyone know how i can get it off? its really awkward to get to as some of u will know, so socket is really the only way to get at it!

Hellllp!

Cheers

One of those gator-grip sockets maybe? Could also try hammering a smaller socket over it to get a good grip then unbolt....

where are you,because if you are local to us pop down as we have some special sockets with a left handed spiral thread that grip anything!

we will stick your car on the ramp and whiz it off in seconds ;)

call if ya want any help

J

Mr2 Roadster

Quote: Originally posted by torsiontuning on 23 January 2004

where are you,because if you are local to us pop down as we have some special sockets with a left handed spiral thread that grip anything!

we will stick your car on the ramp and whiz it off in seconds ;)

call if ya want any help

J
These things are sh*t hot, where can I get me some?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Where are ya matey? iv a feeling ur miles away :(

can i buy this tool from anywhere at all?

Cheers for the help!

can get some for you if you wish, not too much money, next time my tool man is around, can pick some up for you, they are meant for locking wheel nuts with no key, but they have many uses ;)

Quote: Originally posted by torsiontuning on 23 January 2004

can get some for you if you wish, not too much money, next time my tool man is around, can pick some up for you, they are meant for locking wheel nuts with no key, but they have many uses ;)
Bit of a bugger if theives got hold of em eh? Suddenly locking wheel bolts are no good

could try a mini drill, preferable with a speed control ( up max ), wack one of the mini circluar saw disks and slice out some kind on edge/grip on the circular area of the nut. sounds complicated and fidley, but it would get in the gap.

Then u cud get that adjustable biatch in the pic up top in maybe.

i know its a tight squeeze under there, that ruddy exhaust !

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer

why not get a minigrinder and cut the bolt off?? thats what we do at work when we come accross stripped bolts usually along the lines of "b*****ks! striped it, get the grinder!"