ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to get Front negative camber on a 172

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
The camber bolts will do the trick. Some of the best handling 172s I have driven have had the camber adjusted using these bolts.

David.

Cup'd Monaco 172
Fantastic, and these fit an otherwise standard car?

I had 1.5 degress on the front of my 205 and it worked well. (Used longer 309 wisbones and shafts.)

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
isnt the cup only wider due to having a diff offset wheels? these look a good buy, what would be the best camber settings for the front of a 172 cup?

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Yes, they will fit a standatrd car. It is important to get them properly set up on a lase alignment machine.

David.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
The settings will depend on what you want to achieve. A good all round setting is 1 degree negative on each wheel. This will give you good turn in and grip and not overly excessive tyre wear. You can go more extreme on the road but the inner edges of the tyres will wear quite quickly.

One tip would be to check the tyres regularly and when the inner edges are half worn have the tyres taken off the front wheels and swapped over. Swapping the wheels from one side to the other will not have the same affect, it must be the tyres you swap over.

David.

Cup'd Monaco 172
isnt the cup only wider due to having a diff offset wheels? these look a good buy, what would be the best camber settings for the front of a 172 cup?

You would think, but that would make the track wider at the rear too.

Yeah 1 degree sounds about right. 1.5 was ok on the 205 if you did a track day or two per set of front tyres, otherwise you wore the insides out early.

On option much cheaper than the bolts is to use the none RS hub bolt its realy easy to setup wheras camber bolts are a bit of a apin plus expensive the noen RS ones are 13mm so give 1mm give which is probaly three quarters od a degree difference.

Otherwsie get some decinet quality fasteners they much easier to use stock bolts are 14mm so sme 12mm ones will give loads of adjuatbeility realyplus the'll be miles cheaper.

15MAS

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 & 911 turbo
IMG_1105.JPG
I have recently added fitted eibach sportline coils with renault cup dampeners. After that I had a wheel alignment done and could only get +0.25 degrees of camber. Fitted Eibach camber bolts and the realignment got it to 1.3 max. It feels much better, improved self centreing , less vague and turn in feels more planted. Overall the whole set up has tightened the handling.