ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to judge type of spoiler?

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
basically im looking at getting a cup spoiler for the clio but half the adverts on eGay are G**h and dont give much info, if any.
basically i need help in being able to tell the difference by picture between a normal 172/182 spoiler and a cup spoiler to make sure i buy the right one ;)

also whats the general price range i should be paying for a cup spoiler?

172 with k-tec sound
hi mate, well the pic on your left is a normal spoiler with black brakelight, and the pic on your right is a cup spoiler with red brakelight, the obvious difference is the profile, as u can see the cup spoiler on your right is much more obvious.
hope this helps

Attachments

• 100_1166.jpg
    100_1166.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 100_1175.jpg
    100_1175.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 106
  mk2 ph1 1.4 S
ah right so the cup spoiler has the light embedded in the end of the spoiler, where as the sport one has a bit that goes over the top.. got it now...

cheers

think i need to phone around some scrapyards ;)

172 with k-tec sound
youre welcome mate. good luck finding one in a scrap yard!!!

pics stolen from another thread , sorry:eek:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If you can find one at a scrapyard you're onto a winner to be honest!

you ll be lucky to get one at a scrap yard! cup spoilers are really expensive your looking at probs the 150 mark but ive seen some go for alot more depending on quality etc, i just got one off a 172 (not cup) for about 40 quid of ebay

www.renparts.co.uk
i believe cliospares has a few cup spoliers in stock atm, £150 iirc cant remember the colours though "/

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
meh i aint too bothered on colour as im gonna have to spray it up anyway as i dont think there was any 172/182/cup in Platinum MV632

i shall see tomorrow when i hit the scrappys to get a mirror