ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to remove 182 steering wheel

I've just started to remove my steering wheel (battery has been disconected now for 40min).

Found the two clips behind and the wheel & the airbag has moved forward a bit but is not fully released. I'm reluctant to apply any force.

Any tips - have I missed something?

free the 2 clips and give the airbag a pull towards you. It'll be fine. I thought that when i removed mine.

Then unplug everything and fit the new boss.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
They are a proper biatch!!

You need to get some force on the clips. You will get 1 off easily, which brings the airbag out slightly. This seems like you have doen the trick but no, the other side will now be very tight.

I removed the steering column surround then used a large flat blade screwdriver, push down on the airbag on both sides and carefully remove clips.

Tedious and dont slip with the screwdriver!

Thanks - I've now got the airbag released from the wheel.

But can't get the bloody wheel off now!

Anyway I though I would see if the airbag light remains off before I go any further. First thing I've noticed is that I have two connectors unlike all the pics I've seen.

DSCF2415.jpg

Placed my 4.7ohms resistors as shown above, but no joy as the airbag light comes on.

HELP - Someone must know how to do this!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
One is for the horn, airbag and cruise control if fitted ??

So just follow the wiring and see what goes to what?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
that looks right, thats how i did mine :S

Image050.jpg

Yours has the same connectors as mine.

Maybe if you have a digital muliti meter, set it to ohms and see what each connector off the airbag reads......... then get resistors to suit. Maybe the 182 has diffrent values to a 172, but cant see it?

Perhaps the dumb sh1t at maplins gave me the wrong resistors?

Don't own a digital multi meter - are they expensive?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
One for a fiver from maplins will do the trick ;)

If you've got a 320mm you'll love it mate, one of the best mods on my car.

Turbo Beige
I used 3.3ohms, thats what i was advised. When you put them in fold the wire back and twist it back around itself, gives it a better 'contact' in the plug. I didn't do that initially and the light came on, went back and refitted it and its now off.

Perhaps the dumb sh1t at maplins gave me the wrong resistors?

Don't own a digital multi meter - are they expensive?

Did a google search on resistors and found a usefull site that explained everything I needed to know and confirmed that the resistors purchased from Maplins Croydon were not 4.7ohms but 470,000 ohms!

Popped back today and got the correct ones which were a lot smaller in size!

And the good news is that they worked first time, no warning lights on my dash!

Happy Days!

sabeltwheel1.jpg

http://www.doctronics.co.uk/resistor.htm

RB 182 with CUP packs
I bet it makes a huge difference when driving?

The wheel's not to my taste, but good on ya for changing it ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
top job. I did learn all the bands at college, but cant remember now. That said, they did look quite meaty compared to mine!!!