ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to remove door panels clio 182

Yozza'd BG
Im trying to remove the door panels on my clio 182 to try and solve a problem with a loose component which i can hear banging back and forth inside the door when i shut the door.

So far ive removed the screws running along the bottom of the door and the screw through the door handle. ive also managed to pull of a panel which runs parallel to the B-pillar held on by three studs.

However, while the main door panel itself looks as if it is held on by studs as well, it is needing quite a bit of force behind it and nothing is happening. It looks as though there is glue stretching in there as well when i pull on it...i dont want to bust anythin!

Can anyone offer any help please or advise as to whether i should get a dealer to look at this instead of DIY?

Cheers for any suggestions,

Nick

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Should be a Torque bit in the handle to open the door, and a torque bit in the handle to shut the car. Also take the speaker out, as iirc, that holds the door on too.

And thats it. Just pull. Hard. The last one I did needed a chisel!!

PH1 172 Sport
The cover on the rear pillar on the door also has to come off as the panel has to lift upwards

Yozza'd BG
Thanks for the replies.

Ive managed to get it off and hav in turn fixed the loose component which was the plastic window guide. The studs were difficult to pop off on the main door panel because of a putty which i had to stretch and then break with a screw driver.

Cheers. :cheers: