ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to remove inlet question?

Range Rover Sport
Clio 172 (2002).

At the back on the inlet manifold there seems to be a 'metal' hose that looks like it goes into the bulkhead?

How do I remove said hose? Yes I am blonde but thought I'd ask as knowing me I'd end up breaking something.

Thanks in advance guys.

Also, when painting the inlet and injector cover can I use any paint or is high temp paint preferred?

you have 2 plastic hoses i dont recall a metal one. ones the assist for the brake servo, one goes to the carbon canister, the carbon canister has a clip type hose, the brake servo just pulls off but if its been a long time it will need a hard pull. (lol)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Clio 172 (2002).

At the back on the inlet manifold there seems to be a 'metal' hose that looks like it goes into the bulkhead?

How do I remove said hose? Yes I am blonde but thought I'd ask as knowing me I'd end up breaking something.

Thanks in advance guys.

Also, when painting the inlet and injector cover can I use any paint or is high temp paint preferred?
If it's the one I'm thinking of, it sounds like your brake servo pipe and *should* just pull off with a bit of persuasion. Get a pic up if you can and I'll confirm 100%.

If your painting your inlet use etch primer first, then whatever colour you like mate. Make sure you use petrol resistant lacquer though purely from a longevity point of view. I've painted loads with rattle cans, including rocker covers and never had an issue.

Range Rover Sport

From those pictures I think it's '4' the one I'm having an issue with.

you have 2 plastic hoses i dont recall a metal one. ones the assist for the brake servo, one goes to the carbon canister, the carbon canister has a clip type hose, the brake servo just pulls off but if its been a long time it will need a hard pull. (lol)

It may actually be plastic but firm not typical silicone/soft.

Thanks guys.