ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to remove Steering Casing & Control Stalk?!

Clio 172 Cup
I am looking to fit a Sony stalk adaptor lead to my Clio, I can remove the upper casing round the steering wheel but the bottom bit of casing gets stuck over the stalk control bcos of the raised buttons!

I just need to know, how to remove the stalk control or can I remove the the bottom bit of the casing without breaking it?! As the gap is not big enough to fit over the stalk control buttons!!

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Bottom casing come off with THREE screws, one right down the bottom of the casing, two sunk into the middle.

They're all T25 torx bits if I remember rightly.

Ph2 Flamer
I'm after exactly the same answer but I can't see these 2 torx screws under the stalk you're talking about (see pic), there's nowt there.
I have taken out the three torx screws I think you are refering too from the cowling/casing which is fine and the casing comes loose but it's still stuck on the radio stalk.

3.jpg

Ph2 Flamer
Not sure if this is a model dependant thing, but the point I was trying to make was that I had taken the 3 torx screws off from the casing under the steering wheel already but that it was stuck on the radio controls. Same as original poster

Have done it now following some advice found on google. If you read what Kevrsi was saying it was that the stalk was held on with 2 torx screws which is why i posted a pic of my stalk saying where are the torx screws :dapprove:

"KEVRSI
Re: How to remove Steering Casing & Control Stalk?!
the stock is held n by 2 torx just undo them"
The way to get the casing off on a mk2ph2 at least is to undo the 3 torx screws which live under the column as you pointed out Rob, but you also have to take the top casing off and use a screwdriver to release the radio control stalk.
pg5.jpgpg7.jpgpg6.jpg

Cro

Meg'd r27
What your looking to know is that there is a clip on the radio control stalk at its base that needs pushed in which will release it and then you can unclip the electrical connector