ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hows this service history, would you buy?

V70 d5 beast
i'm looking to buy this arctic blue 182 with both cup packs i know their supposed to be serviced every 2 years or 12k although this one has been done every 18k roughly for the first 2 services just asking for your thoughts if its still a good buy?
its a 2004 04 plate
17,954 at Arnold Clark on 6/5/2006

Arnold Clark 40,189 20/1/09

Local garage 47,646 2/11/09

Timing Belt/ auxillary pre tensioners
46,487 27/10/09
John Connick Auto Engineers
Doncaster

he said its due a service now and the bodywork and interior looks in good nick too from the pictures
its got 54k on it now.
just not sure how these engines cope with longer intervals.
its had 4 owners and the latest 2 are lady owners

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Post up the advert.

I wouldn't buy it based on the info given.

Also women drivers means to me if anything has been wrong with it, it's been driven like that till it physically stops moving.

Something Not French
Also women drivers means to me if anything has been wrong with it, it's been driven like that till it physically stops moving.

If its anything like my missus thats very true.

So the car has been serviced at the wrong intervals, and by Arnold Shark. Hmmmm, don't think I would to be honest.

The car went 3 years and 23k miles without an oil change.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
id give it a miss mate, it looks tired in the first pic, the rest are too dark. look at all the filth gathered around the front end etc, i reckon its had a hard life! Also no cambelt??

V70 d5 beast
id give it a miss mate, it looks tired in the first pic, the rest are too dark. look at all the filth gathered around the front end etc, i reckon its had a hard life! Also no cambelt??

its had the cambelt read my first post lol
im currently downloading the pictures now so will give a link out in a bit so you can see it in better light

V70 d5 beast
heres a link to the pictures

http://s1190.photobucket.com/albums/z447/Simon_Millard/

if you guys say to avoid i will it looks good in general and would get some money off the asking price, just like i said am not sure on the sketchy service history intervals i guess you wont know till you get it on the rolling road and see? or if you hear any unusual noises from the engine
im a mechanic so i will know if it sounds alright and is mechanically sound but just looking for your peeps expertise :)
thanks si

Last edited: