ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hybrid Time.............

Looking for a ph-quick...
Fetched my Hill power 2ltr engine today. It Boasts piper cams, adjustable vernier pullies, ported head and external mocal oil cooler. Engine built by no other than Nic Hill:cool:

Being dropped in tomorrow/monday!

PICT0051.jpg

N.D.Hill Engineering...

DSC00039.jpg

Head off for inspection and new HG.
DSC00038.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

Oil Cooler...
DSC00040.jpg

New shizz..

DSC00042.jpg

Called Nic estimated power is 180bhp ish so should be good fun! Watch this space for updates!

Cheers
Amir

M

mini-valver

Looks good mate, one of the mintest on here! Wont be shy either ;)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Its stamped F7P which is the Clio 1.8 16valve engine, not F7R which is the williams 2.0 engine.

Before people start sayin its a 1.8 cause it says 'F7P' Nic changes the plates over for insurance resons i assume, its an F7R for sure, supportin veins on the rear say it all and there is a stamp on the side sayin 'F7R':cool:

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Thats nice of him. Bit of a beast of an engine, where did u get it from and how much did it cost?

LY 200
^^^Even that being the case manner im sure Nick will be pleased you've just announced on a forum opened for the world to see that he changes the plates over for insurance reasons!!! Lol

^^^Even that being the case manner im sure Nick will be pleased you've just announced on a forum opened for the world to see that he changes the plates over for insurance reasons!!! Lol

Ha! i dont now if thats the case or not :S im just assuming! If someone wants to remove it thats fine.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Why post a pic of the engine plate saying F7P if you knew people would say thats a valver engine :s ?

Anyway im sure it will be a massive improvement on your existing engine,

If you look on the pate it does actually say 'NDHE 2.0l' Thought peolpe might see that....

Mondeo TDCI 130
Not a re-bore, actual F7R

i only said that cos nick told me by the way!! it was in the days when a 2ltr was dear to get hold of, so a few 1800 were made into them! wasnt picking faults! it will be righ if he did it!! hope it goes well!!:cool:

Sorry dude, wasnt havin a go! I no what your sayin, yeah he did used to bore them! As you said the early ones, im sure it will go well!:cool:

BMW M135i
I am no engineering maestro, but i think there is a slight difference! sure thats what they told me when i was thinking of a hybrid!!

I'm pretty sure its just the crank because a 2l crank in a valver block will give you a 2l engine. iirc one of the best combos is a valver head with a 2l megane bottom end because of the valver cams being a little more wild than the F7Rs. If the bore was different you wouldn't be able to do that.

Im sure the bore is different, you cant put a 2ltr cran in a 1.8 iirc. im sure some guru will confirm this!

pistons are something like 2mm bigger, the crank wont go in a 1.8 because there isnt enough room for it to go round, just changing the crank would give 1970cc ish, the rebore makes the rest i believe.

Hehe! The element of suprise! Tomorow, old engine out, (cup of tea) clean bay, fit new steering rac (buggered p/s pipe), (cup of tea) fit oil cooler. Prep engine for monday when its having a head HG and cambelt (cup of tea), throw it in!!! woooooo

let me know of any problems you have, im hoping to put my 1.8 engine into a standard 1.2 (bar brakes and suspension)

Well its going in my valver Midge so there wont be any problems putting it in.............hopefully lol

S2000
Nice one, I can guarantee they are fun with that sort of power ;). I would have thought it would be a little more power than 180 though give what some others are getting? Do you know what spec the cams are? are you running a standard ECU at first?

I remember seeing the engine coming up for sale over on WC and thinking someone could get a good engine from it.

Also as midge said the 2.0 has both a wider bore AND a longer stroke than the 1.8.

It may well be more, dont want to be too optimistic! Previous owner is looking for the ECU so hopefully wont have to fork out for a remap! Garanteed it will be quick!
Chris - I'll be chasing you at the next meet!!!!

340i
Sounds like you'll be having some fun when shes running mate!

We'll have to go out for a blast sometime dude :D

Kieran, its about time we hooked up for a lager!

Update, Old engine is out, old rack is off rain screwed things up big time but clutch, gearbox and starter are all fitted to new lump. Its being built up this afternoon/this evening, pics to follow!

Cheers
Amir

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Good lad. I want another 2.0l clio....:(

Should be quick...Pretty sure my old hybrid was breathed on by Nick and thats f**king rapid!