ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

106 Rallye

Skoda Fabia VRS
So, as promised here are a few pictures of my mates 106 Rallye, Turbo.
Apologies in advance for the lack of 'different' images, and few angles (also no interior shots). The first batch of pictures came out nice, the last photo's were completely washed out by the suns glare, and were all way too over exposed.
Fine in live view, not so fine in Photoshop.

Anyways, the Specs.

Engine:
TU5JP4
Wossner Forged Pistons
Wossner Forged Rods
Piper Turbo Cams
ARP Studs
Fully Balanced Crank
Lightened and balanced Flywheel
Custom metal head gasket
Ported/Honed Headwork with enlarged Exhaust ports
Garret GT2781R with External Wastegate
Custom made Screamer pipe
Custom made 3" Stealth exhaust
Derenza oil catch tank
Spoox Oil Feed
Dp Engineering down pipe
Toyosport intercooler+pipework
Vibratechnics Engine mounts
Custom made coilpack

Fueling:
340Lp Fuel pump
Audi S3 Fuel Regulator
Pico 560cc Injectors

Transmission:
BE Gearbox conversion with Quaife LSD
Satchshift
Custom made Clutch to suit

Management/Battery:
Omex 600 ECU+Loom
Lightweight Race Battery
Pps Boost controller with adjustable maps

Suspension:
Polybushed mounts front to back
Refurbished Axle 40mm
Spax fully adjustable suspension
Uprated Top mounts

Brakes/Wheels:
266mm Calipers from 206 Gti
Bosch Discs and Pads
Brand new Rallye Steels from Peugeot Direct
Yoko (something) tyres

The car has also benefited from a complete inside out respray, and the paintwork is very close to immaculate, along with the interior.

I've probably missed a fair bit, but that's off the top of my head.

It is f**king awesome.

Currently running 0.4bar as it was finished last week, and he's getting used to the car. It's mapped to run 1bar which is around 264WHP, but the engine/Turbo can safely take 1.7bar. Had a dabble with a 335D, it lost, greatly.

Gareth%201_zpsltawry3l.jpg

Gareth%203_zpssngqxp4s.jpg

Gareth%204_zpswq2g2pql.jpg

Gareth%207_zpsywugkecb.jpg

Gareth%208_zpsftun8clq.jpg

Gareth%206_zpst5thkbhv.jpg

Here are some random videos of another car, that I know nothing about.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
That is epic!! Had a 106gti when I was younger and loved it.....right up until the moment I wrote it off :smile:

Skoda Fabia VRS
If you didnt beat the 335 theres something wrong, you have more power in a car that weighs half of a 335d

I know but its not really a comparison, its like saying i beat a fiesta st in my veyron.

I'm not entirely sure you've read the thread correctly...

The car is currently running around 210/220bhp, which is not more than a 335D. Apologies for not having a more 'fair' race, and for commenting on a car we bumped into. Next time, we'll go out and seek cars especially for yourself.

Cheers.

RB Clio 182
I'm not entirely sure you've read the thread correctly...

The car is currently running around 210/220bhp, which is not more than a 335D. Apologies for not having a more 'fair' race, and for commenting on a car we bumped into. Next time, we'll go out and seek cars especially for yourself.

Cheers.
Haha, cheers bud

Megane 250
Love the car bar for cut front bumper
Agreed, he should've gone full stealth but I'm sure there where issues with the Fan/Intercooler, so this was a safe/easy option.

He did Joe, when I was looking at he he car a month or two back picking something up from Gareth, the pipework and intercooler sit too far forward to have an uncut bumper I believe.

It's actually further forward than the tow eye.

This is the cleanest 106 I have ever seen, properly well built, well spec'd car.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Car looks brilliant. So much love for a Rallye.
If you didnt beat the 335 theres something wrong, you have more power in a car that weighs half of a 335d
I'd say I'm surprised tbh. What year 335d was it op?

It's only running 0.4 bar and in gear a 335d is rapid if its a F30? So if this thing is leaving them for dead at this spec fair play. A standard 335d is E46 M3 pace once rolling.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ripper!

My first warm/hot hatch was a 106 Rallye - the 1.3 ph1 though. Loved it and hated it for making me skint.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Car looks brilliant. So much love for a Rallye.

I'd say I'm surprised tbh. What year 335d was it op?

It's only running 0.4 bar and in gear a 335d is rapid if its a F30? So if this thing is leaving them for dead at this spec fair play. A standard 335d is E46 M3 pace once rolling.
That's what I found a bit confusing, the 335D's are not to be looked down on. My VTS is around 840kg's and 140bhp currently, a newer one casually flew ahead from rolling.

The one last night I'm not entirely sure, the plate I believe said 06? I'm not sure if they were made then (it was the coupe for reference, pipe either side), or if it was a private plate.
None the less, this 106 is very capable.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
That's what I found a bit confusing, the 335D's are not to be looked down on. My VTS is around 840kg's and 140bhp currently, a newer one casually flew ahead from rolling.

The one last night I'm not entirely sure, the plate I believe said 06? I'm not sure if they were made then (it was the coupe for reference, pipe either side), or if it was a private plate.
None the less, this 106 is very capable.
They did make them 06. They were 282bhp / 428 ft lbs at the age and still quick. Better still with a map. If it's wiping the floor with them barely making boost it'll be quit positively mental at a bar. Well, it must be now. :D

Skoda Fabia VRS
They did make them 06. They were 282bhp / 428 ft lbs at the age and still quick. Better still with a map. If it's wiping the floor with them barely making boost it'll be quit positively mental at a bar. Well, it must be now. :smiley:
Quite good figures then, pleasing to know! I honestly can't imagine how it'll be at 1bar. 40-120 is ridiculously fast (in that video I found online...).

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Looks great, good spec too. Don't think I've heard of that turbo on one before, usually the 17, 25 or 28. Will have a read and see what it's like.
Shame about the front mount inter-cooler :( only thing letting it down with all the money gone into it. A twin pass would have been ideal, with a shorter and thicker radiator, but I understand it all adds up + delays the build.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great, good spec too. Don't think I've heard of that turbo on one before, usually the 17, 25 or 28. Will have a read and see what it's like.
Shame about the front mount inter-cooler 😧 only thing letting it down with all the money gone into it. A twin pass would have been ideal, with a shorter and thicker radiator, but I understand it all adds up + delays the build.
It'll be a GT2871R. He's mixed the 7 and 8. i.e. it's a GT28.

106 rallye
Love the car but dont get it really, why go to all the effort of fully forged, gt28 and all the other expensive stuff and only mapping it to 264bhp 260lb.ft?

Im on standard internals and im doing 250bhp and 272lb.ft on a gt25 turbo!

Edit. Im also on the standard ecu aswel!

And are you sure its a jp4 and not a j4?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Love the car but dont get it really, why go to all the effort of fully forged, gt28 and all the other expensive stuff and only mapping it to 264bhp 260lb.ft?

Im on standard internals and im doing 250bhp and 272lb.ft on a gt25 turbo!

Edit. Im also on the standard ecu aswel!

And are you sure its a jp4 and not a j4?
"WHP" ;)