ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hybrid/williams advantages/disadvantages?

ross_16v

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I'm considering getting a williams but have seen a couple of hybrids for sale, what are the advantage/disadvantes of each?

Cheers
Ross

well to be honest i like the idea of a hybrid coz u can change the looks of the car without feeling guilty that u are ruining the looks of a legend, im not saying body kits by the way i mean a nice set of wheels and some buckets and so forth
if i had a williams id want to keep it looking totally standard!
also ur car will be a bit of a sleeper as well if it keep looking standard, but with the power of a williams

but there are a few things like williams wide track that would be best to invest on if u had a hybrid!!

Completly superficial, but, when you get in a Williams yaknow yer in something special - can't describe it, it's just, well, a Williams.

The Wider front track on the Williams will be noticable.. (generally, the whole handling is) so it'd be worth getting a hybrid up to Williams spec in this area, IMO..

The torque and the handling will be the biggest differences, tho..

with the right bits a hybrid should be all that a williams is with handling and performance but not with looks the plate no of and it wont be a williams. depends what you after. if its the williams performance a hybrid will prob be better valve. if you gonna modify the exterior by a hybrid other wise by a willy

Depending on the spec of the 'hybrid' it'll be everything a williams is and possibly more.

The only major differences is the williams will cost more and has more status to joe public. There is the argument for not modifying a williams' exterior but TBH, if you've got its your car - i wouldn't let some irrate enthusiast put you off doing what you want to it.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
williams will prob cost more........ hybrid will be identical to williams performance and handaling however its not a williams. which is why i got a 3 but then i loved my williams and wouldnt settle for what for me would have been 2nd best. but it depends on what ur gona use it for? track? gotta be a hybrid.
p.s www.williamsclio.co.uk may me able to help some more

There are hybrids which make proper Williams look tarrty and bad handling but the hybrid will always only ever be just a hybrid.

There are hybrids which make proper Williams look tarrty and bad handling but the hybrid will always only ever be just a hybrid.

get the hybrid....cheaper and you just dont have to care asmuch.

Unless you want a willy just for the sake of having one and looking after one.

clio 16valver
im with Dan, hybrid means u can mess around with it without feeling like your killing something off
But then again, owning a williams is something on its own, its a williams, i cant wait to own one in June, hybrid's are street slags, and if u like to race around, go on track days, and mod your car [with buckets, wheels etc] get one. Want a piece of history get a Williams

www.williamsclio.co.uk

williams and trophy
Martin. said:
But hybrids are faster!;) :rasp:

BOLLOX

lol......u know the willies are quicker.

pretty much agreed tho, for some reason most hybrids do seem to b a bit quicker than the willies....except mine;)

as for bodykits etc.....the mk1 looks jus fine as it is...whether in valver or willy form...y change perfection??...ok so the wheels are to ur own tastes, but the rest is ok as is.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The willy's are to cherish and the hybrids are to beat the living daylights out of when you fancy it

ian

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Hybrids are good because nobody thinks theyll be quick! I even got told my car sounds throaty for a 1.2 the other day! lol

williams and trophy
ian 182 said:
The willy's are to cherish and the hybrids are to beat the living daylights out of when you fancy it

ian

bollox....why cherish em? they are the ultimate drivers car, in hatch form.....so why the fuk not drive em??

they like to be ragged.....they thrive off it..the more i rag mine the better it gets, and it always comes back wantin more

SC 172 FF
not all williams will have sun roofs.....was told 2day that all valvers have them? so uv got extra weight there with the hybrid!

iLL_MoVeS said:
not all williams will have sun roofs.....was told 2day that all valvers have them? so uv got extra weight there with the hybrid!

Only Williams 3's have a sunroof which is a big big big positive - major weak point, they crease roof, leak and weigh more.. :p

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i think i would rather a hybrid than a williams......love the williams to bits but i think i would end up wanting to mod it.....i may hybrid mine at some point ...then maybe by a willy aswell...who knows....

there both great cars....

williams and trophy
yep.........cant argue with that.

they are both great cars....but what i dont get is all this....'ooooo a williams is too precious to drive' bullshit

wtf??? what exactly are they?? thats rite a fukkin car...cars are built to be driven, some can take more punishment than others...mine loves it....so do most other ppls willys who drive them as they were designed to be driven.......flat out.

and u get the added bonus of no bent roof after a couple years of hard driving....unless u unfortunate enuff to have a willy 3 ;) :p

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
lol, your forgetting the ABS benifits aswell lads.

Sunroof i will agree is great once fixed (if its leaking) and a real benfit in summer.

The creased roof is only on cars that have stut braces fitted from what ive seen.

Oh but the 3's are rarer - ;)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Thats true they are fairly cheap hatches.So get a willy and cain it.or if you get a hybrid at least you'll know whats not going to brake because its newer(parts)

ian

northy said:
The creased roof is only on cars that have stut braces fitted from what ive seen.

There are dents on every single Clio with a sunroof in the corners.. evil.

I do miss mine sometimes, just for the light.. but the lack of problems is nice. :approve::clown::D

ross_16v

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
cheers for advice. Prob go for hybrid if I can find one, quite fancy doing a few trackdays, my old valver used to get to love a good thrashing! As for bodykits, I definitely would not stick one on any valver/williams, they look great as they are. Would prob go for alloys, lowering kit and stripped interior.

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
Daz said:
There are dents on every single Clio with a sunroof in the corners.. evil.

I do miss mine sometimes, just for the light.. but the lack of problems is nice. :approve::clown::D

mine has no creases and its done 4 trackdays now.... : )

Vee dub
Williams 3 for me next.... keeping YOJ and me and Freebone will buy a hill climber too :approve:

TomS said:
Williams 3 for me next.... keeping YOJ and me and Freebone will buy a hill climber too :approve:

Deep down, you want a Williams 2 ;)

Northy, well, yours is very special :approve:

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
You can still hammer a Williams if you get one,Like 2live says-thats what its best at!
I have no creases & I have a sunroof......on my Williams2 though & im pretty sure its factory fitted??