ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I’m glad I got a 172 and not a CTR

Elise/VX220/R26

Have you noticed how many CTRs there are on the road? At the weekend I went for a drive over to me grandads house (about 6 miles away) and saw 7 CTRs!! Theres been the odd time Ive been out and seen more than one 172 but now Ive noticed it I keep seeing CTRs all over the place. 172s are definately rarer and therefore more desirable :) and faster ;)

lol, there are ctrs everywhere here too they used to be well rare but i can safely say i rarely see a 172 about and those that i do i normally know the owners of anyway

Nissan R35 GT-R

Well I drove one the other day.

The CTR is way ahead on build quality - it really feels solid. However, the Cup is twice as fun to drive - I didnt think the CTR had the same punch as the Cup, but having said that, it probably would do if it had an aftermarket ECU as mine does.

Elise/VX220/R26

Yeah if I was been brutally honest I could have said that there are more CTRs on the road cos they are better cars but hey at the end of the day they are nearly 3 grand more so you can expect better buld quality.

At least in our clios the gearnobs in the right place.

jonnyboy

go drive one and tell me after that honda put it in a wierd place

feeels soo natural there and best box of any car any price range.

the shift is REALLY that good on the ctr

Nissan R35 GT-R

Quote: Originally posted by wongy008 on 01 July 2003

jonnyboy

go drive one and tell me after that honda put it in a wierd place

feeels soo natural there and best box of any car any price range.

the shift is REALLY that good on the ctr

It took some getting used to, but I loved the gear shift aftera few mins.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

well if there gonna make it look like a van on the outside they might as well put the gearstick in the middle of the dash and make it look like a van on the inside too;)

I saw 3 Black CTRs on Sunday in Tescos car park within 20 meters - then I saw 1 silver, 1 red and another Black one in my 2 mile drive home!! They are almost as common as scoobies. The good thing is they wont hold there value "quite" as well if there are lots and lots of em!! And I quite fancy one although I like the cup too.

Golf GTI Ed30

I am annoyed at the amount of them appearing on the road to say the least. Especially all the old b******s that wouldnt know V-tec if it came up and smacked them round the face. But they are still holding there money well believe it or not if you look on the forecourts. As for the 172 faster comment.... LOL

v-tec - have you got a 0-60-100 time for your car (your actual figures rather than manufacturer)?

Cheers,

Rhys

Golf GTI Ed30

Ive done a G-tec 0-60 before just after I first got it, and got 6.12secs. But not sure how acurate they are. Did a 0-100 on a stopwatch the other day and did 14.7 secs. But again not the most accurate of readings even though I did go to 103mph. But saying that, Autocar tested a CTR with 20,000 miles on it (long termer) and got 14.8 to 100mph and 6.2 to 60mph. Mines got 48,000 on the clock, so might not be to far out after all. Plus without to much practise ive managed a 14.8 1/4mile at 96.5mph, which im pretty confident ill improve on with more gos at it.

Waffled on a bit there, but I hope that answers your ? mate...

Depends very much on finances. Would definitely like to go. York seemed to cost quite a bit last time. Where the hell did all the petrol go?

Rhys

Golf GTI Ed30

Get your sen down there boy. Worry about the money after. Bring your video camera and well have some filmed 1/4 mile duals if you fancy it???

Golf GTI Ed30

Quote: Originally posted by andysport on 02 July 2003

Autocar tested the CTR as 0-60 in 6.55sec and 0-100 in 17.68secs, for the record.
Ill think youll find that that was on only one of the tests where they managed to get that sh*te 0-100 time. It was on the 0-100-0 test if im not mistaken. Every other test they have timed it at 16.2 secs (just look in the back of the mag). The figures I mentioned earlier were on a CTR they had as a long termer, with about 20,000 miles on the clock.

The CTR is a fantastic car FOR THE PRICE (I used to have one for 18 months so I would think that). However, insecurities aside, I think that you will find the average CTR is fractionally faster than the avg 172 in the real world, so it really makes little difference on the road, but 14.7s to 160kph?Maybe 1 or 2 out of every 100 CTRs do this but the average one is nowhere near this fast!My CTR certainly was not even after 50,000 kms.(timed at 16.4 and 174@tw)

If this is the case than my mk2 172 does 0-160kph in 15secs as I have never been beaten in the mk2172(154@tw) by a CTR, up to 200 kph and I have raced many.

Keep dreaming!

Bye Bye

S2000

Weyland,

You only post when its a full moon, but when you do its usually to the point and quite amusing. I like it!

:D

clio williams, Ph1 172

172s are common too round here.

Even seeing quite a few cups around lately. see about 3 172s a day and 1 or 2 cups.

Lets face it though, the rarest cars are definatly Clio 16vs and Williams or even Williams converted 16vs, so therefore they are obviously the most desirable cars!;)

I have raced a few CTRs and they are quick, not much in it though. Does anyone know what they handle like?

Golf GTI Ed30

Quote: Originally posted by weyland on 02 July 2003

The CTR is a fantastic car FOR THE PRICE (I used to have one for 18 months so I would think that). However, insecurities aside, I think that you will find the average CTR is fractionally faster than the avg 172 in the real world, so it really makes little difference on the road, but 14.7s to 160kph?Maybe 1 or 2 out of every 100 CTRs do this but the average one is nowhere near this fast!My CTR certainly was not even after 50,000 kms.(timed at 16.4 and 174@tw)

If this is the case than my mk2 172 does 0-160kph in 15secs as I have never been beaten in the mk2172(154@tw) by a CTR, up to 200 kph and I have raced many.

Keep dreaming!

Bye Bye
Im not the one whos quoting the figures mate, its Autocar, so tell them!

And as for dreaming, did you find any wet sticky stuff in between your legs when you woke up, after racing these CTRs to 200kmh.

Hi Mr abuser,

Arent we insecure, blimey chap, I did not realise I touched your g spot like that, not even your type r gets you that wet does it?

I will not be telling autocar because I do not care by the by and yes I did find some wet sticky stuff in between my legs, belonging to your mum and sister, I believe and I was definately awake.

Bye Bye