ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I’ve got the CUP and it’s MAD!!

Cup 172

Well after weeks of waiting I finally picked the CUP up yesterday, and all I can say is

"WHAT A SUPERB CAR!":D

It is everything I expected it to be. Smooth engine, well damped ride, pin sharp handling, minimal body roll and 40+ mpg. The best car Ive ever had.

Picked it up from Gordon Lamb in Chesterfield and everything went smoothly. All the bits that should have been on were there, nothing missing, no paint defects, no scrapes, no dents, no scuffed wheels.

Ive been taking it steady at the moment and respecting the 4000rpm limit, but its just dying to be introduced to the rev limiter!:) and surges forward in every gear!

Came back to Cumbria last night on the A65 Skipton road and it was superb. You can reel cars in with consumate ease without even trying.

To date there are no rattles, squeaks or clonking noises, but even if there were I wouldnt care because it is superb and nothing can detract from the enjoyment.

To be continued..........................

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by MIKE-CUP on 10 December 2003

To date there are no rattles, squeaks or clonking noises, but even if there were I wouldnt care because it is superb and nothing can detract from the enjoyment.

Thats the spirit.

Enjoy.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 10 December 2003

ah but you gotta go into that backward redneck hick town of ilkley lol and no road is worth that lol
LOL

not a clio anymore

Quote: Originally posted by MIKE-CUP on 10 December 2003

It is everything I expected it to be. Smooth engine, well damped ride, pin sharp handling, minimal body roll and 40+ mpg. The best car Ive ever had.

Ive been taking it steady at the moment and respecting the 4000rpm limit, but its just dying to be introduced to the rev limiter!:) and surges forward in every gear!

40+ mpg ? It is definetely time to be indtroduced to the rev limiter!

Cup 172

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 10 December 2003

ah but you gotta go into that backward redneck hick town of ilkley lol and no road is worth that lol
Its okay. I turn off the A65 at Skipton and pickup the A629 thus avoiding Ilkley (No disrespect to Ilkley as Ive never been there;))

Tappd'd RS

I wish could get over 40 to the gallon, I tend to get about 36 depending on how hard Im driving!

Quote: Originally posted by B@llsie on 10 December 2003

I wish could get over 40 to the gallon, I tend to get about 36 depending on how hard Im driving!
36!? I get 30 ish, prob cos I only do short trips around town at the moment! and Ive a lead right foot! :devilish:

Hehe,

i did Wakefield to Warrington the other day, reset the trip meter as i got on the motorway, kept it at 55-60mph on the motorway and managed to get 52.4mpg on the trip computer for the motorway journey.

Then when i got off the motorway, i reset it again, and managed to get 18mpg for the backroad journey to my house!

;)

be careful when something goes wrong mate as gordon lamb are one of the worst for after sales care...go and see richard at service NOT mat he is a completed git and doesnt know anything at all about cars and that is a fact!!! hope everything goes well with the car mate they truly are great vehicles when they work ok!!! wos yours the one in the showroom for the last couple of weeks???:)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

bought it from lambs eh.no doubt ill see it in the non two distant future then.ooh look at me looking on the bright side! anyway still love mine so have fun and hope it goes well.

Cup 172

I doubt very much that it will ever see the inside of Gordon Lambs again!! It will be serviced by one of the dealers in Cumbria. I was contemplating taking it to Reg Vardys @ Sheffield, but my friend had a 172 and it went in for warranty work and they parked it on the main road overnight and it got a parking ticket the next morning. So they can go bollox.

Enjoy it mate, im at 1500k miles and not one squeak or rattle, so happy days, car goes like stink mate, and ive owned some quick cars, get to around 5500 and it pulls better than a amsterdam whore!!!!!, all the best just be wary in the winter months,

Rick