ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My amateur review of ITB's

Looks snug! Is the filter actually catching on the rad / slam panel? I'm having longer trumpets on mine so will be mega close

not touching the rad, but it is the slam panel and the aircon pipes are in the way, hopefully ill be losing the slam panel soon and fit some pins

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
4d59ad6d-1b0e-7695.jpg

Looks like the same filter but looks tidier...

ITB'd MK1
Aye it's restrictive, slips down onto the trumpet mouth too

It's actually not restrictive. Did a with and without test at SRR on a ~200bhp mk1. 1bhp different. short trumpets on DCOE throttle bodies, and worked 100% perfectly. With long trumpets you have the take measures to stop it sliding down, but the newer version is supplied with foam spacer rings for this exact purpose

It's actually not restrictive. Did a with and without test at SRR on a ~200bhp mk1. 1bhp different. short trumpets on DCOE throttle bodies, and worked 100% perfectly. With long trumpets you have the take measures to stop it sliding down, but the newer version is supplied with foam spacer rings for this exact purpose

Ours is a bit more engineered than that. We have a set of anti-back off washers that sit between ram pipe and trumpet on the AT bodies and retain the filter in the correct position, this has proved to be 100% reliable as the foam spacer rings other use occasionaly split.

Did they not spend lots of time on cold start? I know when TDF do the conversion they work Hard on the cold start mapping. I'm sure if it had been driven or given a little blip it would have started straight away. Looks tidy mate! Dash lights look light there all out too, bonus!

When I was a lot younger and worked for an OEM I spent a year of my life doing cold start calibration. It was, shall we say, not as interesting as I'd have liked and to be honest I hated every second of it....... but on the bright side it does mean that if its at all possible all of the stuff I calibrate tends to start like a peach from cold LOL

On it, profiles signed off just a case of sourcing blanks in sensible quantities now as none of you want to pay the price it costs to outsource it to Schrick! ;) Hope to have some news in the next week or so.

On it, profiles signed off just a case of sourcing blanks in sensible quantities now as none of you want to pay the price it costs to outsource it to Schrick! ;) Hope to have some news in the next week or so.

If you could pm me some prices to outsource some I could maybe interested in getting some and maybe a prototype for you ;)

If you could pm me some prices to outsource some I could maybe interested in getting some and maybe a prototype for you ;)

Prototypes done and been run on the dyno donkey F4R.... we're not rank amatuers! Difference is producing 20 or so sets of cams at a price you chaps want to pay is very different than us using a few spare blanks to test some profiles. Schrick will produce in tens off but at that volume it's around £730 a set for you lot. Realisticaly they don't need to cost anywhere near this if some blanks become available, circa £450 a set is much more like it. Unfortunately unlike Ford/VAG/BMW it's not possible to buy cam blanks direct from Renault, well not for aftermarket anyway.

Dave see you tomorrow, give me a text/call when you're 30 mins away.

Prototypes done and been run on the dyno donkey F4R.... we're not rank amatuers! Difference is producing 20 or so sets of cams at a price you chaps want to pay is very different than us using a few spare blanks to test some profiles. Schrick will produce in tens off but at that volume it's around £730 a set for you lot. Realisticaly they don't need to cost anywhere near this if some blanks become available, circa £450 a set is much more like it. Unfortunately unlike Ford/VAG/BMW it's not possible to buy cam blanks direct from Renault, well not for aftermarket anyway.

Dave see you tomorrow, give me a text/call when you're 30 mins away.

Oh dont get me wrong I know the quality of your work, im just been impatient haha pricing sounds very reasonable and im sure alot of people will be interested (including myself)

here is a shoddy overlay of my graph's but you get the picture

DSC_0003copy.jpg

at 5000rpm i have seemed to of gained 30ish bhp over standard :cool:

Last edited:
You should put a before and after torque curve up. That's where it's at with these kits IMO ;)
torque curve for after the kit was fitted is on page 5 bro I didn't have a picture of the curve before on my laptop and it was late last night will get it done soon tho so people can see the difference