ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I can hear WATER

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

Just been for a drive and when i brake or accelerate quickly i can hear water moving about somewhere. It sounds like its in the doors, but its not, then it sounds like its in the boot!

Bugger! Wheres it likely to be? its obviously collected somewhere and is swishing about which is NOT good.

Trophy

Chris,

You need to blow out the drainage hole in the middle of the sill on the side that you can hear the water.

I had this too and there is a previous topic about it.

Mat.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

Hmmm never thought about that marcus but I aint never heard it before!

I have the same problem and started a topic about it called liquid noise, ill have a look at it at some point when i can see it in the light.

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

It will more than likely be blocked drains on the inner sills. There are three of them each side. They are usually blocked with underseal from the factory but do become blocked with debris over a period of time. Use a screw driver to open them up and watch the water pour out!

Hope that helps.

Bob RTE

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

you wanna try being a 98-on owner!!

its like f**king victoria falls in my car

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

The drains are located on the inner sill panels. To see them you would have to be underneath your car looking outwards. They are quite small, about 10mm across and are located at the front, middle and rear. (both sides)

Bob RTE

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

bob you know you stuff whats that water noise comming from my sunroof area i have a 2001 Clio 1.216v pre facelift

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

Slight problem. My clio has Prima racing sideskirts on and there isnt any holes underneath FCUK!

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Mitsi, it still maybe worth having a look though. Also it could be that the skirts themselves are blocking the drains?

Bob RTE

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Tomclio 1.2

The water noise you are getting from your sunroof could be due to the glass not having an air deflector on it. If the noise is present when the car has been standing in the rain or after washing it, and is ONLY present for a short while, it will be the sunroof glass. I have a 98 S reg 1.4 rt and it does it as well. Renault have just released a note on this subject and it involves replacing the glass.

This is what Renault say about it.

Sound of running water after washing the car or when it has been standing when raining.

It is caused by an accumulation of water on the front part of the sunroof (between the frame and the glass panel)

Solution: Fit a glass sunroof panel with a deflector.

For manual sunroof: PT number 8200 253 555 £88.50 + Vat

For electric sunroof: PT number 8200 253 556 £88.50 + Vat

Personally, Im gonna live with it. Once it has dried off the noise goes anyway.

Hope that helps you all.

Bob RTE

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

As it can take some time for these drain holes to become blocked, it would be a gradual process. Therefore not noticeable until the sill panels fill up with water.

Bob