ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I cleaned the Trophy.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Essentially, on Saturday, somebody parked their rather clean Trophy in our car park next to mine, Sarah noticed & said, 'that red clio's really nice'. After then explaining to her that it was a Trophy, just like mine, & that under all the dirt, they were both exactly the same colour ... i thought i had better get the bucket out :rolleyes:

So, having owned it since September, with the only clean having been done in November, by Ollie, i got to work. For all the detailers, i used a pressure washer, bucket, & sponge. All from Halfords.

It now looks awesome!! From a distance. Up close, its covered in swirls, scratches & black tar/rubber/stone chips, but meh, its track car innit. In fact, Cliosport, its a track car that actually gets used on track. Well bugger me :eek:

:cool:

DSC04074.gif

DSC04076.gif

DSC04077.gif

DSC04086.gif

DSC04087.gif

DSC04089.gif

DSC04111.gif

DSC04093.gif

DSC04096.gif

DSC04097.gif

DSC04098.gif

DSC04100.gif

DSC04104.gif

DSC04108.gif

DSC04110.gif

Unfortunately, i bought some CL pads the other day though, so it'll soon be back to looking like a shed :eek:

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
You nasty man just because its a track car doesnt mean it cant be looked after on the outside <3

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Love it Dave!

The toe eye is gayer than you and Mike in an angle grinder clinch, naked, covered in oil and CV grease.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Love it Dave!

The toe eye is gayer than you and Mike in an angle grinder clinch, naked, covered in oil and CV grease.

Why thank you my little bundle of Scottish happiness :eek:

Tow eye is functional, & for the hatorz ;)

Wheels are Pro Race 3's, ET35 & replaced the 2118's as they were made of lard. Heavy lard iirc. Re: being nasty, quite possibly, but i lavish it with good maintenance & hard driving love, cleaning it was the last big job.

In fact, i was going to clay it, but the lure of a sunny day, some Tesco 99 and no gf for a few hours made a short hoon much too tempting :race:

330Ci (Fail)Sport
OMG you cleaned the Trophy!

Looks good though, I like those wheels, a lot. And they look damn sight easier to clean than MV1s!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Looks like you went all out and even used tyre shine, too ;)

Looks great, such a brilliant colour when clean!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
F*cking heap.

Looks awesome!

From a distance ;)

I do always use tyre shine though, nowt worse than minging tyres on a car, really ruins the impression of cleanness!!

Oh & Vish, PR3's are super easy to clean, but the MV1's are a darn sight easier than MV2's - i actually cant clean between the spokes unless i use a toothbrush! And i doubt Sarah would be impressed with me using her finest Colgate on my wheels ...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Agreed. Although I used tyre gel on the 133 the other day.

Not a great idea on a car with 40 profile, 17 inch wheels. It was like playing GT5... grip, grip then nothing. lol.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Ha ha, i may, or may not have put extra gel on the BM's rear tyres the other day.

Purely so i could get the derv sideways on the exit of Sarah's road.

Still didnt have enough power lol :eek:

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Well bugger me sideways. Thats something i didn't think i'd see......not without me actually doing the cleaning that is.

I did notice the 'clean' Trophy parked next to le Shed at yours on Sunday when i came back to collect the Cup.
I wondered, very briefly, if the shame would be too much to bear.....but then i told myself off for thinking such a stupid thought.

You have no shame when it comes to that thing. ;)

Suzuki Jimny
How dare you put different wheels on a trophy. You've ruined it.

Love it really. Keep on trackin'

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I hate trophy's :( I would love another but the lure of an R26 in white is far too much to resist.....or another mini :eek:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Cage? Good man. I need to get down and yoink as much of that ph2 dash and general interior as I can ASAP :)

Yah, just an MSV half one, to protect my bonce if ever the worst happened lol ...

Nut yes, you need to collect things, or the little ginger man will get angry :eek:

Nice to see a proper trophy thats used also, unlike these 'detailed and never driven' ones!

Just upgraded the insurance so i can use it a little more actually, shame to see it just sat in the corner of the car park looking bored all the time ;)