ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I Didn’t Buy the 182 Chaps........

clio 182

itll be well worth it pal wen youve got the brand new reg 182 youll be well proud dont forget to run it in though that can be boreing but soon passes

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Ralphy_VTS on 10 August 2004

Rich-D, my Type-R is 52 reg and not the face-lifted model so it has the VTEC kick you were talking about!
No, I mean the "old ones" as in the EK9 CTR, DC2 Integra, etc... not the later iVTEC models like the EP3 CTR.

Mine is a 2002 car as well, same as yours, and they do have a kick when VTEC engages, but it was like an explosion on the older cars, that was what I meant...

Arctic Blue 182

Im from Sheffield too. Only seen about half a dozen 182s - Silver and Arctic Blue ones.

MeadowHELL on a Saturday? Brave.

Ralphy that link i posted shows a vid of a CTR close behind an M3 doing an indicated 260KMH (162.5 MPH), unreal!

Im also from sheffield and have only ever seen one 182, incidentally parked outside where i work. Seen more than one CTR tho, but i wouldnt say they are exactly common.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

You were in a no loose situation with your choices.

One is a top notch hot hatch,with great performance and handling....

The other is great for making deliveries :p

Seriously,you could hardly loose with these two as your final choices,enjoy your car :D

Im between Cars ATM thanks to writing off the old 172 2 weeks ago. Wait time is far to long on a 182 so Im looking elsewhere. (Cant survive without a Car for 2 months).

Ive test driven a CTR and it was fast, but I missed the "comforts" of the 172, Climate Control, 6 CD Changer (that didnt cost and extra £500) and Stereo Control on the Steering Column!!!!! :) . I want abit of comfort. Amazing Car, just not what Im looking for.

there will always be more Type-r than 182s cos the 182 is only for a specific mindset of a few people. its a top car and still a sleeper. i get more looks in my 172 than my mates CTR on EVERY journey, theres 4 CTRs @ work and around 10 in my town alone.. bit like Ford Focus for popularity same sort of sector target market.

182 is for people who like going fast in small chukable unasuming superminis.

BTW why is it a choice between CTR or 182 ??? CTR is a SIZE above the 182 and a segement above in terms of car ranges. its also more expensive. on top of that, for the same money as the CTR couldnt you get other hothatches ?? even if it be with a few miles on Cupra-R ?? Focus st170, Golf GTI. BTW Mondeo ST200s are retailing for around 14.5k now 2nd hand with v.low milege !! there awesome cars and look top knacker with great features and safety. top speeds 150mph. they look like your earning great wonga aswell and you can fit all the girls you pull in the back.

IMO

I was either gonna buy a 182 or CTR because........

Both roughly same price

Both offer same performance upto 100 mph

Both look nice

LY 200

Quote: Originally posted by hip_spasm on 09 August 2004

Quote: Originally posted by dailyd on 09 August 2004

Yeah in Sheffield I have lost count of the amount of Renault sport Clios I see, I only post a spotted now if its some nice chick or had a sticker, didnt seem like there was any where near this amount 8 months ago.

Down here (Essex) hardly ever see a Renaultsport model. CTRs all over the shop though!

Il second that, Southend on a saturday night is CTR heaven!! Nice cars but common as muck in Essex!!

190 BHP Willy 2

In aylesbury every other car is a 172 or 182. CTRs are less common.

Our Thrifty car rental place has a blue 182 with the stripes which I may hire for a weekend though. ;):devilish:

/agree - never buy a Ford :)

CTRs are pretty common around Surrey, more so than 172/182s. But thats never bothered me really, the more I see of the Car I drive the more it affirms my choice ;) its a Great Car "Everyone" wants one.

Best Colour for the CTR - Deffo Black (Red Attracts Old Bill like Flys to sh*t) although youll spend every other Day cleaning it ;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by UncleRogi on 12 August 2004
Best Colour for the CTR - Deffo Black (Red Attracts Old Bill like Flys to sh*t) although youll spend every other Day cleaning it ;)
Yeah, I have a Nighthawk Black one, its deffo the best, although the new Cosmic Grey is nice.

dfdf

Ive got a cosmic grey one and its deffo the best, although the nighthawk black is nice (when clean ;) )

Considered a 182 but wasnt bothered about all the toys and felt the Civic was a better buy in general for the same money.

fords are good.

sorry had to say it. they may not have much image but there built miles better these days and there much safer than many supposed 5star NCAP cars in the real world. i know this from experience.

I was thinking of getting the Grey CTR as well, but once agian waiting time "End September" earliest at the my 3 Local dealers :(

Without a Car its just too long a wait so Im going to the 2nd hand Car Market