ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I dislike pencil coils:(

Evo 6, E92 320d
I understand that on the k4m the pencil coils often die, well it looks like another 1 of mine has gone, ill be on 3 sets in 6 months:(, at least they are only £10 on ebay.

ITB'd MK1
single coil and leads. (172/182 style) Not tried it on a renault with standard ECU to be honest. Nissans have similar trouble though and converting is becoming more popular. I'd probably convert my 200sx if i didn't have a box of 50 spare coils lol

LY 182
im sure it would be easy,,,, as even with the pencil coils they still run wasted spark

next time one comes in missfiring im gonna give it a go

Mazda MX5 1.8
i thought the newer ones were supposed to be more reliable

my 1st set that were on the car failed within a year........ since then no probs once renault changed all of them

E36 M3. 182
Ive got 3 different types of coil on mine, so theyve obviously been changed at some point. But havent had one fail on me since Ive owned the car (3 years)

mk4 golf gttdi180
get teh right set of coils mate the ones on ebay aint a good make i got myne for 100 trade not bad but were a genuine part not failed yet touch wood