ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I got a bargain tripod t'other day...

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Re: I got a bargain tripod other day...

Its a great tripod, so well made and all metal too which is really nice. Locking mount too which is better than my other cheapo tripod.

Thanks again to the op, am well cuffed with a bargain! Just bought a nice dslr rucksack and this will go -nicely with it!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
but only goes to 117cm high and not 163cm
are you short

Depends if I'm sitting down or standing up.

I've also got a HamaStar 63 which goes to ~160CM. Wouldn't want to leave >£2k of camera/lens/flash at head height on a £15 tripod, let alone a £300 tripod anyway :S

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
Nice title update ;)

I wouldnt put a 2k body and s**t on either.

But for the people on here with entry to mid level DSLR's its perfect. The money I saved will get me my third flash, yeeehaa.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the heads up, Just ordered it now. Have needed a new one for a while, this looks pretty dam good for the money :approve:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Just got my Mini one today from Amazon !

5983684017_6513dc5592_z.jpg

New tripod ! by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I gopt home to a missed delivery note yesterday.
I'm hoping that they leave it with a neighbour like I'd aksed in the first place.

Looks decent for the money.,

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just opened mine. Very good quality for the money, very impressed with it.
Will be taking it out in the next few nights i think, seems very sturdy too.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm pretty sure my one hasnt got spikes on the feet.

Also the pic has one section of the legs up so it goes shorter.

:)

Regarding the above size related allegations, I cannot conform or deny the matter :rasp:

got mine the other day, wicked tri-pod for the price, very sturdy. you can screw the rubber feet up and it has spikes as mentioned above. 3D head works really well, plus can do upside down macro shots. like pictured above.

very happy thanks for the heads up mate.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Looking for a compact tripod I can take on holidays, any reccomendations? :)

Small & lightweight but sturdy enough to hold a D90 with grip + 2.8 lens

"Navy" N17 TWO
Took it out the other day, handheld on an overcast day but I couldn't wait to try it lol :eek:

It's a monster! Cracking lens but I think it NEEDS good light or it could be my very poor panning skills on the birds I was pointing it at (feathered type BTW)

"Navy" N17 TWO
Got myself a Manfrotto MK394-H in the end - only about 400g heavier than the model I looked at above and in turn supports more weight

It's not too heavy - compared to my 055Xprob beast it's just what i was after;

Compact (boy it's small!)
Light to carry about
Good head on it and uses the same plate as my main tripod
Most importantly - supports the camera!

Winner IMO :approve:

Having bought the tripod in the original post the plate now rocks a fair bit in the mount making it less secure and subject to movement - just mine?:eek: