ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My adventures with tw*tty Drivers

172DD Cup
I've considered getting a recording device in the past for my journeys to work and after a near head-on with an X5 a couple of weeks ago I bought one that evening.

I got this one from 7dayshop for £27
prod_111548.jpg

So from hear on in I'll be posting a short video clip of any tw*tty drivers that I come across on my 35 mile a day commute. They won't all be "oh my god that was close" and I expect a couple of "was that its" (they always seem alot closer in real life anyway) but I'll post them up for your viewing pleasure and hopefully I'll come across a few gems at some point.

And if the music sucks, blame Radio 1.

I caught my first one yesterday:

The original vid above was saved at 31fps as the original looked abnormally slow, but seeing as I've had a couple of accusations of speeding ;) here is the original video that was recorded at 25fps:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showt...=1#post7944481

ok here's the vid at original 25fps:

Attachments

• prod_111548.jpg
    prod_111548.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited by a moderator:

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Mmmm, this looks interesting.
How are these fitted? Also, are you wiping the footage daily? How much can it store?
The quality looks very good.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I can't see anything wrong with that.

You failed to adjust your speed to the conditions. IMO.

No troll. Only opinion.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
To be fair, the other driver does seem to drive from the side road into the road without stopping!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

No troll. Only opinion.

Taken from Highway code:

[h=4]172[/h]The approach to a junction may have a ‘Give Way’ sign or a triangle marked on the road. You MUST give way to traffic on the main road when emerging from a junction with broken white lines across the road.

172DD Cup
Mmmm, this looks interesting.
How are these fitted? Also, are you wiping the footage daily? How much can it store?
The quality looks very good.
They come with a sat-nav type mount, big sucker on the windscreen type thing that bolts onto the top of the unit. It takes an SD card (that you have to buy separately). I think 16gb or 32gb is the max. At 720x480 it records around 100mb/minute, but it keeps cycling so it just records over the oldest stuff if you keep it running. Also when you plug it into lighter socket it powers on/off and starts and stops recording with the ignition.

Evo 5 RS

No troll. Only opinion.

When driving perceptively yes you should slow down as you said, but she/he did just pull out of a junction without stopping, let alone looking.

So basically you're both just as bad in that video lol

Taken from Highway code:

The approach to a junction may have a ‘Give Way’ sign or a triangle marked on the road. You MUST give way to traffic on the main road when emerging from a junction with broken white lines across the road.

Section 170 also states :

• look all around before emerging. Do not cross or join a road until there is a gap large enough for you to do so safely

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I know, but technically that gap was large enough, which is why I picked the rule stating you MUST give way.

If I had one of these on my 70 miles commute I could make a movies worth in a week.

Want to stop people and hand out teh Highway code to them :dapprove:

Clio v6
Looked to me like you were driving too fast anyway. Perhaps the video was sped up a lot for effect?

Someone pulled out into the road you were speeding down. That's all I noticed.

Is there something interesting in the video I've missed? Did I miss seeing a pedestrian you ran down whilst speeding along?

350z GT
I think the camera makes the speed look more than it actually is there tbh...if you watch how fast the scenary is actually passing he probably is doing around 30 imo

172DD Cup
Looked to me like you were driving too fast anyway. Perhaps the video was sped up a lot for effect?

Someone pulled out into the road you were speeding down. That's all I noticed.

Is there something interesting in the video I've missed? Did I miss seeing a pedestrian you ran down whilst speeding along?

the vid was saved at 31fps as it looked abnormally slow! i'll upload the original 25fps in a second.
i'm afraid there's nothing in the video you missed. there is that bit in the first post you obviously missed that says They won't all be "oh my god that was close" and I expect a couple of "was that its" (they always seem alot closer in real life anyway)...
so on that basis i guess comments like yours are expected

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'll make sure that I flash/beep/wave when I see you now, lol.

172DD Cup
I know, but technically that gap was large enough, which is why I picked the rule stating you MUST give way.
it wasn't that large! if you pause it at the point where his front wheel is just over the white line, i'm almost at the junction

Renault Sport Clio 182
seems like a good idea, ive heard alot of cars in the U.S have these fitted for insurence purposes, might make it easier if the worse happens. theres video footage rather than dodgy paintshop drawings of junctions ect that ive seen before.

Ultra Blue RS Megane
I love the concept of the this thread :) keep posting! can it hold many hours? how does it work, does it use a sd card as such or a hard drive? I totally agree the idiot shouldnt have pulled out

I was taught that if you cause someone else on the road to have to slow down when you pull out of a junction then your in the wrong.

As for him speeding I agree with Stu, if you watch the scenery then he looks to be doing about 30

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Yeh I would have been going nuts at that Zafira driver

I think its good your doing this, clearly you were not speeding etc. Nice one

Black Sheep
You were going forty easily. The t**t that pulled out though is not even aware of what's going on around them all to common sight. Look forward to your posts though it's a good idea. I once thought I was cursed with thes sort of t***s and I was at one point. Calmed down a bit now touch wood.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Holy s**t, what is it with all the closet police in here. "you were going too fast" I cant see his speedo and no one is hero enough to be able to tell the speed off an embedded vid from youtube FFS!

Good idea mate, ideal if you are ever in a bump. Hope you dont ever need it though!

172DD Cup
i've asked a mod to link the original video at post #22 to post #1 as some people will only see the one that looks like i'm speeding :)

Clio v6
Having reviewed the first post and the wee video once more, I can see you were going slow. It says SLOW on the road, knew there was something I'd missed.

Something very similar happened to me as in the vid. Wish I had a video of the old s*d pulling out not looking or stopping causing me to hit him. Would of saved the year of insurance arguments.

Great idea. Love it

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I love the concept of the this thread :) keep posting! can it hold many hours? how does it work, does it use a sd card as such or a hard drive? I totally agree the idiot shouldnt have pulled out

Did you read anything posted before typing?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
A guy on the Mercedes forum had one of these in his car wired to the ignition live when having his MOT done, the garage put loads of dents on his bonnet and it was all caught on the camera. Needless to say he got it repaired to his satisfaction FOC.

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
A guy on the Mercedes forum had one of these in his car wired to the ignition live when having his MOT done, the garage put loads of dents on his bonnet and it was all caught on the camera. Needless to say he got it repaired to his satisfaction FOC.
Thats a v.good idea, ive often clocked that my mileage has gone up a little to much from a 'road test' would be nice to see what they have been upto!

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
This is a brilliant idea, I fancy doing the same to be honest.

I personally feel that the tw@t in the zafira was in the wrong. They were joining the carriageway from a giveway point. Therefore it was their responsibility to either pull out and quickly adjust their speed, or to wait until there was a gap where they could have joined at their own pace.

I have this happen to me quite often and the thing that I find particularly annoying is that there is quite often no traffic behind me when it happens, which shows that they are either ridiculously impatient (in which case you'd think they'd put their foot down once infront) or they are too ignorant to observe there is nothing behind me and it would be easier/safer to pull out after I have passed.