ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I had a fight with an 18 wheeler and lost

Unfortunately due to a poor split second decision last night I managed to cut up an 18 wheeler who clipped the back of the drivers side of my car.
Luckily there was no damage to his beast so I just need to get mine sorted now.

I'm going to need a new rear bumper and there is a large dent near the rear arch but considering the size of the other vehicle it doesn't look 'too' bad.

Before I start ringing ever local scrappers, are there any websites I should be checking other than eBay for replacement rear bumpers?

Also, does anyone who has had similar repairs have a ball park figure of what it is likely to cost?

17s26v.jpg

Clio 197 F1
If you'd damage the bumper alone it wouldn't be too bad, but that rear quarter damage.. Good luck. Probably be cheaper to scrap it and buy another one.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Would not like to be paying the repair bill for that mate! I'd scrap it and get a fresh car.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Given the value of the car (no offence intent) I'd be tempted to try and push as much of that out from the inside and just run it.

Edit. As long as the beam is still straight.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Rear door card off...and kick out (HARD)! That'll be fine as no obvious damage to that rear beam at all.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
I was expecting an epic wreckage from the thread title. much disappoint.

Kick it out as much as possible and run it into the ground.

and lesson learnt for the future, 1.2's are not good weapons for 'quick overtaking manoeuvres'

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The X65 was deisgned to be a 1.2 Paris parking bruiser... tis but a flesh wound

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
For what the cars worth I'd just secure the bumper and drive it as is until the tax and mot run out then get a new car.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Are there any legal or regulatory reasons why you can't just run it exactly like it is for the foreseeable future?

Body panels (the bumper in this case) need to be secure. Other than that he's good to go.

Rear wheel is fine, it's just the body that has taken the hit.
I've managed to source a new bumper and after speaking to Mick i'm going to try and pop out as much of the dent as I can for the time being and leave it at that.

Ph1 track car, Dci
As said take doorcard off and try to kick it out abit. Id just Duct tape the f**k out of the bumper to hold it together untill your mot runs out and scrap it. It works for every mondeo you see on the road with a duck taped bumper.

Or a cheap 1.2 bumper from a scrappy.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Damage like this in Grasstrack is just considered good competitve racing lol

Gimme 30mins, a f**k-off big hammer and it would be pretty again

Civic Type R FN2
Something similar happened to a guy at work the other morning - got driven into the back of on the way to work. By lunchtime we were in the car park with a block of wood and a sledgehammer - looked good as new once we'd finished with it!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
As said take doorcard off and try to kick it out abit. Id just Duct tape the f**k out of the bumper to hold it together untill your mot runs out and scrap it. It works for every mondeo you see on the road with a duck taped bumper.

Or a cheap 1.2 bumper from a scrappy.

Right... what the f**k is this tape called? Im never sure what to call it but you have called it 2 different names in 1 post.

Duck tape
Duct tape
WTF tape?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Rear door card off...and kick out (HARD)! That'll be fine as no obvious damage to that rear beam at all.

this. wont look pretty, but will be better than it is now. Be prepared for it to be a lot stronger/harder than you expect!