ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I need Harness Mounting Help (pictures)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
That would be awesome thank you :smile:
How does the car need to be to get the plates in the right place will I need to fit the seats in the correct driving position and then mark out and weld in place ? (Of course removing the seats first lol)

Pretty much yeah.

Then just take off the paint in that area, or let him do it.

Disconnect the battery too when welding, just as a precaution.

Clio 220 PH2
I'll get a picture for you...I run 4 point harnesses so use the OEM seat belt rail for one side and a Schroth B23A for the other side (exhuast tunnel side)
Hey up mate finally got round to fitting my harnesses what size eye bolt did you use for the original seat belt rail because the ones that come with my schroth harnesses don't fit they are too big
Do you have any pictures of your eye bolt fitted so I can get an idea where to fit them
Cheers mate
Ben

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Hey up mate finally got round to fitting my harnesses what size eye bolt did you use for the original seat belt rail because the ones that come with my schroth harnesses don't fit they are too big
Do you have any pictures of your eye bolt fitted so I can get an idea where to fit them
Cheers mate
Ben

Hi Ben.

I used the OEM Renault bolts for the seat belt rails. I'll get some pics for you tomorrow/ sat.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
This was how mine was set up, you can see the different colours, they represent the different thread types so should help.

26427104724_75cf87bef4_b.jpg

How come you're not attaching to your cage though?

Clio 220 PH2
This was how mine was set up, you can see the different colours, they represent the different thread types so should help.

26427104724_75cf87bef4_b.jpg

How come you're not attaching to your cage though?
Cheers mate :)
The shoulder straps are attached to the roll cage I am struggling with the lap belt that's closest to the door

Hey guys, sorry to hijack an old thread but I have a small issue(?) with my harnesses. I bought the harnesses months ago when I bought my clio and only just had another look at them today after about 6 months. The parts that bolt to the car are solid mounting brackets, which are not able to come off the harnesses straps as they are looped on and stitched up (i.e. I can't swap the brackets out for snap brackets that clip onto eye bolts). I'm struggling with where to mount these as every picture I've seen in a clio all have eye bolts and clip on harness brackets. Here's my harnesses:

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_5613.JPG

I bought some of these spreader plates for them the other day, though I dont like the idea of mounting the harness lap belt bracket at 90 degrees to the floor, so is the anywhere suitable in the sill and on the exhaust tunnel to mount them?

s-l500.jpg

I have a full 6 point cage being custom made and plan on mounting the shoulder straps to the harness bar by welding in some bushes all the way through like in the picture below (though without those ridiculously long eye bolts that guy used) but bolts them flush to the harness bar.

vqyRJ6T.jpg

Any tips, help or advice would be greatly appreciated and to what is best as I'm proper scratching my head trying to decide whats best to do! Pictures and/or links to people who have mounting with the same style fixed brackets would also be super helpful. Cheers.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
One of my harnesses had the same so I cut it off and wound it round the bar with a normal bar wrap. It doesn't move and I sealed the end by lightly melting the end like you would with rope.

One of my harnesses had the same so I cut it off and wound it round the bar with a normal bar wrap. It doesn't move and I sealed the end by lightly melting the end like you would with rope.

This might be an option though I'll have to see how much slack I'd have left once I cut them off. Thanks.

@MattyPerkins Are the bolts able to be removed from the plates attached to the harness ?

Yes

Clio 220 PH2
You might be able to bolt the lap belts where the seats bolt to the sidemounts of the seats my friend has done that in his M3 and they work nicely (just use the bolts you would use for the seats)

You might be able to bolt the lap belts where the seats bolt to the sidemounts of the seats my friend has done that in his M3 and they work nicely (just use the bolts you would use for the seats)

To be honest wouldn't want to put it on the same bolt that holds my bucket seat in as I feel like that's a lot of force to put on what is a reletively small bolt size, but I hadn't thought about the side mounts at all! I'm guessing it should be fine to drill a new, larger hole in the side mounts and just bolt it through that?

To be honest wouldn't want to put it on the same bolt that holds my bucket seat in as I feel like that's a lot of force to put on what is a reletively small bolt size, but I hadn't thought about the side mounts at all! I'm guessing it should be fine to drill a new, larger hole in the side mounts and just bolt it through that?
I've fixed mine to the base frame using the same bolt that goes through the gearbox turret that affixed the original seat. I'm hoping I'm right in thinking this will be more than strong enough as it help the old seat!
I would be reluctant to fit it to the side mounts, this would be like fitting to the seat?

Clio 220 PH2
I understand what you mean, my mates car was done by a race team so it isn't dangerous to have them there. Schroth have a belt that is designed to be bolted there.
What subframe do you run maybe it can be bolted there ?

I understand what you mean, my mates car was done by a race team so it isn't dangerous to have them there. Schroth have a belt that is designed to be bolted there.
What subframe do you run maybe it can be bolted there ?

I have an OMP passenger one, but not sure what my drivers subframe is, it came with the car. I took @GrahamS's advice (thanks!) and cut off the ends and sealed them with a lighter so that I could simply loop them around the harness bars, which worked well. Haven't done the same to the lap belts yet as I need to check that they will still reach where they'd need to be if I cut the ends off those too.

I could mount them to the subframe bolts, I just ideally didnt want the harness bracket to be bolted in at a sharp and the the direction of the harness straps, so was looking for alternative mounting points. If the lap belts wont reach the floor I'll look into drilling a new hole and bolting to the side mounts.

Cheers!

Mine are bolted through the floor just behind the seat subframe and spreader plates tack welded in the exhaust tunnel.

And outer lap belt to an M10 eye bolt in the original seatbelt mount hole

Attachments

• IMAG1539.jpg
    IMAG1539.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 290
  • IMAG1538.jpg
    IMAG1538.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 298