ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I Really Want a Smart Watch

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I want the Microsoft Band if ever released in this country. As for ones that are out, I think Moto 360 looks the best, it was on HUKD the other day for just over £170. Only thing that puts me off is that it's massive! This thing looks really nice too (but it's not that smart)

http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/26/7438345/withings-activite-review

withings-activite-0023.0.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
@Tom
I'm totally struggling to see any point in these, apart from for, maybe, the running types who MUST know their pulse every time they breath in.
Can you shed some light on actually useful applications for these things?

Listerine & Poledo
Thought as much.
I'd rather just buy a TAG than buy a new e-watch every other year after the battery c***s itself, or you get it damp in the wrong way once.
In fact, sod it, Casio calculator watch with IR sender, thats about as smart as a watch needs to be, and it doesn't give a back-door gateway into your phone/network for ultrahax

oh yes

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I bought the sony one on a whim. I will never buy another sw that's for sure.

My brother has the moto 360 and loves it. I can't see a point to it though myself. He likes it as you can quickly see notifications without getting your phone out of your pocket.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
The bit at the bottom on the 360 where the sensors are would drive me f**king mad!

Inferno 182 CUP
I had the original LG one for my Nexus 5 and it was nice to have notificiations near without getting your phone out and wasting time on emails from Tesco or looking rude to people, if its someone important calling you know you need to deal with it. Not worth £200 but as a cheapo add on there pretty handy!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
The bit at the bottom on the 360 where the sensors are would drive me f**king mad!

Agree... tbh I think it's going to be a few years of refinement before they really take off.

The Apple watch is hideous imo, never about squares. This coming from a massive Apple hardware fan!