ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I think i've bought a cup...

172 Cup
After having enough with my old Honda and it coming time to break it I have got myself a 172 cup lined to buy after being badgered by jamest87 that a clio is the way forward.

I am breaking my CRX if anyone has any Honda friends that may be interested in any parts, it is a bit of a weapon (a rusty weapon) and just hope a clio can live up to expectations!

img00841z.jpg

I am thinking about putting the Enkeis on the clio when i have it instead of the speedlines but im not too sure how dropping to 15inch wheels will affect things.

172 Cup
Its a B series engine with a re-worked head and skunk 2 cams and valvetrain. It made 191bhp at 8800rpm.

It's such a shame the newer hondas got heavy otherwise id find a different car to put the engine in.

Out of interest whats an average 1/4 mile time for a standard 172 cup - i used to run consistent 14.1's in that and dont want to be too much slower...

Love the CRX!!

15" on the clio is good move. I prefer the way mine drives on the smaller wheels and tyres are half the price of 16"s

Clio 197
welcome, good choice on the cup!

I ran mine for a while on 15s whilst my turinis were getting refurbed and didnt notice too much difference.

Oh and you will get a bit for your turinis on here if you are removing them to sell

172 Cup
Cheers for the comments on the Rex!

Picking the cup up today, can't wait to get my hands on a new project.