ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I want a V6!

Yesterday coming back from work there was a V6 a few cars ahead of me on my local highstreet, first of all i thought, "big deal, only a V6" but then everytime he took off from a standstill i could hear it, which i thought was strange as i though V6s were quiet...

Eventually i went down a right turn only lane so i could be next to it at the front of the queue, he gave me a little glance and i looked at the Vee, it had Mark Fish Motorsport (or similar) written above the rear window. When the lights went green he floored it and the sound, my god, was amazing! And it was also bloody loud, drowning out my k-tec easily, it went from a cultured creamy V6 noise to a really aggressive race tuned howl, wonderful!! So from 6 last night ive been thinking about how much i want a V6 :D

Just thought id share that!

-Rob

Revels Mum & Sister

They are gorgeous cars, I have seen 2 in the flesh! One with a bird driving and the other some bloke giving it some sh*t round a roundabout and that sounded awesome when he planted it!

I can sell you one Rob! It has a few dents and dings and the smell of Farm Animals in the back!

And what ever SteveV6 or Loony tell you i Stole it from steve fair and square. He was on holiday! £400 and she is yours!

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Id love one but they tend to cost at least twice what a new 172 goes for over here. I even thought about importing a second hand from the UK but import duties would make it very expensive

Elise/VX220/R26

Cool car no doubt but can you afford the appauling residuals???? If I got one Id never sell it. You should be able to pick a Mk1 up for the same price as a new 172 soon so they are no longer crazy money (seen them advertised at £15K In the trader in my area (west yorks)

I paid 20k for my V6.

Ill never sell it,when i get bored of it ill just garage it and buy something else.

Best 20k ive ever spent i can tell you,the sound and the looks you get are mad.

Seany

Quote: Originally posted by Jim172CUP on 27 September 2003

but its still a Clio, a two seater one at that.
Im guessing youve never actually been in one Jim???

Plant you arse in one and go for a quick criuse, I have a sneaky suspicion that your opinion will change!:devilish:

Revels Mum & Sister

Friend has Just bought a V6 this weekend. Meeting up with him on Tuesday for a Thrash and I get a go.

I CANT WAIT. I have put a deposit on a car!

Elise/VX220/R26

I think Im with Clarkson on this one. I would have a V6 in my Lotte4ry garage but unfortunately I couldnt afford to loose all the money on buying one, just not practical. Its something Id look at doing in a few years tho for sure as I think they will be a classic motor in years to come.

Quote: Originally posted by Liquid_ICE on 26 September 2003

They are gorgeous cars, I have seen 2 in the flesh! One with a bird driving and the other some bloke giving it some sh*t round a roundabout and that sounded awesome when he planted it!

I can sell you one Rob! It has a few dents and dings and the smell of Farm Animals in the back!

And what ever SteveV6 or Loony tell you i Stole it from steve fair and square. He was on holiday! £400 and she is yours!

Excuse me! That cars half mine mate!!!!!!! 2 mins off the site and your selling my share!!!!

Mark Fish is my cousin and he race prepares 172s,V6s, 16vs and the new mini cooper, he once led the 5 turbo for ages ad has plannes for a supercharger for the 172, where abouts are you from Robfenn as mark lives around the corner from me???

Quote: Originally posted by steveV6 on 28 September 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Jim172CUP on 27 September 2003

but its still a Clio, a two seater one at that.
Im guessing youve never actually been in one Jim???

Plant you arse in one and go for a quick criuse, I have a sneaky suspicion that your opinion will change!:devilish:

Well if youre willing to take me for a spin, drop me a pm

Dont you live in Northants, the same as me?

Quote: Originally posted by pete on 28 September 2003

Mark Fish is my cousin and he race prepares 172s,V6s, 16vs and the new mini cooper, he once led the 5 turbo for ages ad has plannes for a supercharger for the 172, where abouts are you from Robfenn as mark lives around the corner from me???

Sidcup in Kent...though really SE london