ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I want to get back into a 182 but...

Clio 197

My local dealers doing a Red CTR for 13k, with A/c. 33k 02 plate.

OR....

A spankin new 182...

I would appreciate honest opinions (forget 0-60 and all of that), can we base this one on price? Thanks chaps!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

only advantage in the CTR is it will probably hold its value better... other than that.. .182 all the way !

Nippy white cup

I knew someone who had a/c fitted on his civic and he said it was a mistake. He reckoned that it made the car handle like a dog. Not sure how much the a/c weighs but he claimed that it made the car feel heavier at the front end?!

Chris

Clio 197

Quote: Originally posted by KDF on 11 October 2004

only advantage in the CTR is it will probably hold its value better... other than that.. .182 all the way !

Thanks... just to clarify...

So a 1 year old 182 with 32k on it

VS

A 3 year old CTR with 65k on it

Whats worth more?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

I like the Civic. Go and give them both a proper test drive and see what YOU think. Who cares what everyone else thinks - its your money!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Chris nnic on 11 October 2004
I knew someone who had a/c fitted on his civic and he said it was a mistake. He reckoned that it made the car handle like a dog. Not sure how much the a/c weighs but he claimed that it made the car feel heavier at the front end?!Chris

In the 172/182 the A/C will weigh about 20ish KGs

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 11 October 2004

god that is tempting, must resist.....
He means swap a mint gane for a mint 182.

Not one thats been thrashed to within an inch of its life around bedford, spa and the ring! ;) hehe

Both cars are nice my hubby has a Type R 04 he is selling his and wants around 13,550 for it its new shape style .. otherwise it will go on trade in

It only has 3700 miles on it and only has done school runs

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 11 October 2004

god that is tempting, must resist.....
He means swap a mint gane for a mint 182.

Not one thats been thrashed to within an inch of its life around bedford, spa and the ring! ;) hehe

Yeah thanks Coco, remind me never to tell you when I am selling my car!

If he wants a fast one than at least he knows mine can handle the pace and then we move on to BHP.................

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by LEECE on 11 October 2004

Both cars are nice my hubby has a Type R 04 he is selling his and wants around 13,550 for it its new shape style .. otherwise it will go on trade in

It only has 3700 miles on it and only has done school runs
thats a bit of a bargain!

Ford Fiesta

man you like swapping cars omar dont ya! why did you get rid of the other 182 if you are now going back? :)

Ford Fiesta

fair enough mate, your choice at end of day. Just thought u might be losing loads ££ swapping and changing.

I think both cars are great megane and clio. Id have either over a CTR I must say!

you getting same colour as you had before?

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 11 October 2004Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 11 October 2004 god that is tempting, must resist..... [/QUOTE]He means swap a mint gane for a mint 182.Not one thats been thrashed to within an inch of its life around bedford, spa and the ring! ;) heheYeah thanks Coco, remind me never to tell you when I am selling my car! If he wants a fast one than at least he knows mine can handle the pace and then we move on to BHP.................[/QUOTE]

lol, just kidding mate. :)

At least yours has been serviced properly, and had bits bought for it when it needed unlike some people running them into the ground etc.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

not alot in it. i went for 182 cos i couldnt get insured on ctr. (group 16 vs 17 makes a big difference at only 20 years old!)

Clio 197

Just had a call from my dealer...

He cant make the figures work out to move into a 182...

He said he can make a meggy 1.9 dynamique with 17s work though....

Forget it! If I drive a tractor, it has to be german!

Ive got two options....

Keep this for one year (30k) then sell it for 14.5k...

or keep this for two years (60k), and just hand the keys back!

Thanks for your input guys... looks like I wont be a cliosporter for a while yet...

[Edited by omar on 11 October 2004 at 7:44pm]

Remapped derv Golf

What! Buy a 182 and dump youre 225?!?!?!?!

Surely the 182 aint miles better on fuel?

Id have a CTR over the 182 anyday.

£13K is a lot for an 02 even with A\C check the trader and some of the honda forums, they are going a fair bit cheaper than that, my 02 CTR went for 11400 6 months ago no A\C and 28000 miles

dk

911 GTS Cab

omar, why did you get rid of the 182 for the 225 in the first place, and then why are you going back?

If you dont mind me asking?

Clio 197

omar, why did you get rid of the 182 for the 225 in the first place, and then why are you going back?

If you dont mind me asking?
I got rid of the 182 to get something better suited to Motorway Cruising. Problem is, this thing goes through tyres and fuel a hell of a lot quicker than the 182 (and yes, I am driving like a girl as a result).

My territory has changed, and Im now doing a hell of a lot of miles, in the sticks... Plus my company is encouraging "greener" cars, by reducing pence per mile for fuel.

I used to average at least 32MPG in the 182. The 225s more like 25 MPG!

1 Set of Tyres on the 225: £500 at least

1 Set of Tyres on the 182: £250

4 year finance on the 225: £415 per month

4 year finance on the 182: £315 per month

Pence per mile in the 182: Under 12p per mile (At least £50 saving per month @ 2500 miles per month)

Pence per mile in the 225: 14p per mile

Based on Finance Tyres & Fuel, the 182 works out at £2050 cheaper per year.

TBH, although the quality and refinement are really up there, I would like to save a substancial amount of cash by moving back at some point....

Maybe nows too soon?!