ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ICE help.. Alpine.

transit connect

my mate has 1 i think glidetouch is crap personally but he said u get used 2 it.its a good price though halfrauds sell for 300

ST

Do it Chris, its a very very nice unit, guy who fitted my ICE has it in his....911 so it cant be bad ;)

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

I am also considering this unit. (and the 9855 above it).

Is £229 the best price for the 9853 and £299 for the 9855?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

looks like this is the one for me then, Anyone fancy helping me put a power cable through the firewall lol ? tried it before but couldnt manage it heh.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Yep, I know.. I didnt want to name names but.. John lol you will probably be getting a PM shortly ?

Quote: Originally posted by KDF on 29 May 2005
put a power cable through the firewall

man iptables ?

;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

The deed is done. I am now lighter in the wallet department.

In the end I did go with the CDA-9853R, also ordered the radio adapter and steering wheel adapter so I can retain the sattelite controls and dash top LCD display.

This unit is 4x50w so that means I dont need to run a seperate power cable from the battery right ?? just the 60 watt ones that need that ??

Hi KDF, do you mind me asking where you got the the steering wheel adaptor and lcd display adaptor from as i have just bought the CDA-9855R for mine and want them adaptors. as regards to the power cable none of them really actually need it, it is reccomended on the ones with the larger amps due to current draw but i would do it as a matter of course believe it or not it will increase sound quailty taking a feed straight from the batt going to do it on mine.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Av_Dave, no probs :D

Spammy, Ye I know.. Thankfully there is a guide in the members section on how to remove it ;)

VW ....

Quote: Originally posted by KDF on 30 May 2005

The deed is done. I am now lighter in the wallet department.

In the end I did go with the CDA-9853R, also ordered the radio adapter and steering wheel adapter so I can retain the sattelite controls and dash top LCD display.

This unit is 4x50w so that means I dont need to run a seperate power cable from the battery right ?? just the 60 watt ones that need that ??

Yea .... no need to run that power lead from the battery

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

I thought Tom only bought 1 cable to connect the dash display AND the controls.

Said it was easier to fit than the 2 setups.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 30 May 2005
I thought Tom only bought 1 cable to connect the dash display AND the controls.

Said it was easier to fit than the 2 setups.

It is only one cable to connect the LCD and sattelite controls. The other item is so that it can connect to your alpine properly.

If you imagine the leads have a standard connector.. eg it will connect to the LCD and sattelite controlls without needing to cut wires, but you then need another bit so that it can connect to the type of HU that you have eg Alpine or Kenwood or sony etc.

VW ....

im pretty positive u will have to Chris ..... i could be wrong tho ...... cant see how u can connect the stalk lead without doing so :confused:

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I will play it by ear.. see what happens. Im know what im doing when it comes to wiring stuff, taking plastic dashes apart I can do.. but hate.

If I get into trouble I have you on speedial ;)

[Edited by KDF on 5/30/2005 7:30:58 PM]

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™

Hmmm, I have got a Kenwood KDC-W6027 and want to take advantage of my steering remote on my Clio. However I have looked on caraudiodirect and can see that they dont provide the Vehicle Interface for controls/screen for the Clio, Extreme 05 reg. Am I wrong?

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™

Would my Clio fit into this category --> Renault Clio 3 (with dash display) 1998(S) onwards

As I dont want to end up buying wrong thing, as its pretty expensive!

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™

Quote: Originally posted by Dink on 31 May 2005

yes but im sure someone said the may have changed something on 05 models

Thats what I heard too. Any idea on the best way of finding out?

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™

Sent this to caraudiodirect....

" Hello.

I am looking to purchase a "Vehicle Interface for controls/screen for the Clio." I have got a 2005 reg Clio, Extreme with a Kenwood KDC-W6027 H/U and have been told that item # ICT-28652 may work for my steering remote / stick. The only way of confirming this is, if I order the item and simply try it out. However if it does not work, or fit am I able to return the item - even tho the packaging has been opened? But the item being returned in original packaging?

Hope you can help answer my question.

Kind Regards, "

Just gotta wait fro a reply now. Really hope this is the product that I need Dink... ;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Yep better check first. Normally that would be the one to go for, but as said above apparantly the changed the stalk controls interface so it wouldnt work anymore with the adapter... typical eh ;)

Caterham/172/XC90/RX7

Hi Guys

Ive got the same problem at the moment, Im picking up my shiney new 182 cup 2moz :D and ive got an Alpine unit to put in it.

I spoke to both Alpine and Incartec (the ones that caraudiodirect supply) direct. Alpine said that the 05 Clio wiring on the steering column remote is slightly different to the pre 05 Clios, they are currently developing an adapter for them but couldnt tell me when it would be available. Incartec also told me the same, they are looking to produce an adapter for the 05 clios, theyve said to make a note of the wire colours on the remote plug (think ill take a few digital pics too) when I remove the standard unit and get back to them and theyll try find something to suit this model.

Hope this helps

Simon

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

KDF-see when you get your amp to run the front components and sub then give me a shout, already put a power cable through a 182 so know where it all is!

Know what you mean about taking the dash off, can do it, just a pain in the arse!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Cheers John.. Thought you would be the man for the job !

Just fitted the alpine unit and the stalk/lcd adapter unit.. didnt need to take the dash off, infact it one of the most easy installs ive ever done !! Took about 5 minutes to install it heh.

Will deffinatly be needing your help to run the power cable though as I tried it before and failed miserably :( To be honest I probably wont be amping the front speakers as im just fitting upgraded 13cm speakers. It would just be a sub in the boot + mono/briged amp.

Scooby STi, FiestaST

the guy selling the audio equipment said that the sony H/Us are ok with the latest models... for the remotes

but he could have just been trying to get me to spend money.....lol

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Johm, dont think I wont be ! ;)

Coco, yep.. very happy, the glidetouch is not annoying to use like I thought it would be, audio quality has way up using the same speakers as the standard HU was using.

And most of all im chuffed I didnt have to remove the dash lol !

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Yep, see it on friday @ hermi. It really was a peice of piss to install. Just finished fitting the new disks/bearings and pads.. its so quiet in my car now its brill, well apart from the zorst noise.. and the apline HU noise heh.