ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ICE help

Renaultsport Clio 172
Hello all

i have just got myself a Clio 172 and its got a single cd headunit which jumps and skips like a small child who has just eaten a bag of skittles and i would like to listen to my music without this

In my old car i had a Sony Headunit with a USB input and i was wondering is there anything that you can get so i can keep the steering wheel control but ditch the CD inplace of USB or an Ipod nano at a push.

Cheers

there are loads of models out there that can do usb,
sony 414u
blaupunkt casablanca
kenwood 6534u
cant remember an alpine or pioneer one however off the top of my head
when you look at the models check whether they have remote steering ready

stalk controls will cost you 40 quid

Renaultsport Clio 172
I was hoping not to get another HU, can you get anything that plugs in to the original unit ?

Renaultsport Clio 172
TBH I'm not totally sure, the book says its a Gamme Radiosat (CD version) and its got a VDO Dayton 6 disc changer

200 Gordini
You can only keep your stalk controls on a sony HU if it has a 3.5mm jack at the back of the unit.

So iv been told anyway..

Renaultsport Clio 172
Sorry no, i don't want to replace the standard HU i just want to know if there is anything i can buy to plug into the back of it so i can use a usb stick or iPod Nano to provide the music source

Renaultsport Clio 172
Its one of these

cliohu.jpg

Does that help ???

tuner list,it does say on the front of the radio which it is

connects 2 do a bit of kit allowing you to connect an ipod
ctvrnx001

Renaultsport Clio 172
Sorry its actually list ...

Can this be upgraded to a MP3 style from renault, thus keeping original storks and screen etc

Renaultsport Clio 172
do you know what the model names are or where i can get them from as you never know what pops on ebay from time to time.