ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ICE Info Needed

Ph1 172 & others

1. Ok if i were to replace the standard blaupunkt cassette deck in my Mk2 Ph1 with a cassette headunit and CD Changer, would the hand controls on the steering wheel still work???

2. Will the standard tape headunit be able to power a set of focal 6x9s? im not wanting exccessive volume just decent quality sound untill i can sort the headunit.

Any info would be appreciated.

James

I think you would need some kind of wiring adaptor in order to keep the steering remote controls

whats a cassette? :oops:

the standard hu would power a set of 6x9s i would think, whether it would sound any good is another thing altogether!

Id wait till you can afford a good quality hu as thats the brains of the operation, your system will only be as good as its weakest link

Ph1 172 & others

cheers mate, i will put the 6x9s in before the new headunit as they have been sitting in my garage for nearly a year now and they need to be used. thanks for the info mate.