ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ICE Info Needed

Ph1 172 & others

1. Ok if i were to replace the standard blaupunkt cassette deck in my Mk2 Ph1 with a cassette headunit and CD Changer, would the hand controls on the steering wheel still work???

2. Will the standard tape headunit be able to power a set of focal 6x9s? im not wanting exccessive volume just decent quality sound untill i can sort the headunit.

Any info would be appreciated.

James

I think you would need some kind of wiring adaptor in order to keep the steering remote controls

whats a cassette? :oops:

the standard hu would power a set of 6x9s i would think, whether it would sound any good is another thing altogether!

Id wait till you can afford a good quality hu as thats the brains of the operation, your system will only be as good as its weakest link

Ph1 172 & others

cheers mate, i will put the 6x9s in before the new headunit as they have been sitting in my garage for nearly a year now and they need to be used. thanks for the info mate.