ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iceberg 172, Clio RS number 5!

Westfield, 182, 200
It goes new RS200, 182, 197 (wife's current car), RS200 cup (sold to my 20 year old a few months ago) and now a 172!

Picked it up for £900, 66000 miles and a recent clutch. Came with an airbag fault, plugged my diag unit and cured the fault within 45 minutes! Clayed and polished it, sanded and polished the headlamps. Bolted down the loose drivers seat and gave it a vac too!

So, needs 2 new tyres (but tempted to fit 4 new tyres and have the wheels powder coated), steering wheel has melting but mint thumb grips, but I loved snappys wheel on my 182. Rear box is square and looks awful. Slight oil weep from gear change shaft?? Drivers seat has worn base. 5 small dents around the car but hardly noticeable. Brakes are spongy. Gearbox is the best I've driven for years!

I need to jack it up and check the suspension, but have noticed none of the jacking points have been bent!

IMG_20140517_171712.jpg
IMG_20140518_201603.jpg

ST
Looks like my old Iceberg 172, was a heap, tho after owning two brand new Renault Sport cars before (182, R27) the 172 felt tired.