ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iceberg 172 OEM+ Project

Coming along nicely mate, the shorter xenon jets are a nice mod I was thinking about doing it but instead replaced my leaky one for a normal one, now the other sides going I might get the shorter jets, Can you get a pic when there fitted?

Also I don't know weather it matters but did you not fit the damper covers on the front struts? the ones that cover the shiny metal part against road grime.

And lastly if your reflector unit inside your xenon is loose, look at my project thread its easily fixable, PM me if you need any help.

Renault Clio 172
Coming along nicely mate, the shorter xenon jets are a nice mod I was thinking about doing it but instead replaced my leaky one for a normal one, now the other sides going I might get the shorter jets, Can you get a pic when there fitted?

Also I don't know weather it matters but did you not fit the damper covers on the front struts? the ones that cover the shiny metal part against road grime.

And lastly if your reflector unit inside your xenon is loose, look at my project thread its easily fixable, PM me if you need any help.

Yes mate there will be pictures up when i have fitted them :) for reference if you need it the part number is 8200082370 they are not handed so just order 2 of them, around £27 inc VAT from my local dealer for the pair.

Regards the damper dust covers you need to read more carefully instead of just looking at pictures ;) I did mention i didnt put them on because i didnt anticipate the ones currently on the car to be totally destroyed and useless so never ordered new ones, I will be fitting some in the future, but tbh, it doesnt really matter. :cheers:

Thats great buddy, I will check out your thread, you may have PM's flying your way depending on how i get on :)

Thank you, I'll have a think about it, tbh £13 for the other side for standard length jet is probably what ill go for, spent way to much on the car lately.

Ah sorry I thought I read it all, never mind :eek:.

Yeah no problem, its the plastic ball socket in the very middle of the light inside (looking from the back) which allows the light to pivot up down left and right. I think what happens if when people fit new adjusters they dont wind the adjuster in enough to it pushes the reflector unit out of its pivot socket. All you need to do is take the light off the car, get it inside where theres good light and you can see, then pull the tab on the headlight adjuster, twist that out and as your removing it point the adjuster down to clear it and then it can be taken out.

When that's out you can get your fingers (take the bulbs out of the sockets i forgot to say xenon bulb can be kept in, but I took the stater off the xenon so I could see) then you can put your fingers through the light holes, line up the socket in the middle and keep gently pulling back until the socket clips back into place.

After that just re attach the headlight leveler and the light to the car., the adjuster might need to be wound in a bit. Then after that turn your ignition on with your headlights on (ignition must be on for the car to remember the light level you set I think) so with that on put an allen key in the headlight leveler and wind the beam up slightly. You'res might not need to be aligned its just mine was when someone fitted a new adjuster.

Renault Clio 172
Thanks buddy, great little guide :)

I had already noticed it was the little ball joint in the centre of the headlight that had popped off, just didnt want to force it and break it and didnt know weather it was indeed a ball joint you could just pop back on or if something had broken on it :) I will have a crack at this when i take the bumper off to do the headlight washers, think i will invest in some one way valves aswel as you have done. :cheers:

Thanks again buddy great information :D

Renault Clio 172
Nice little update :)

So first things first, massive thanks to guysy I managed to pop the headlamp ball joint back together, doing this also made me notice the headlamp leveller shaft had been unwound so far it wasn't actually attached to the motor anymore, so two little fixes that took a very long time :eek: My god it took some force to pop that damn ball joint back together though! I was very very pleased with myself until i noticed that where i had my finger inside the highbeam reflector it has like tarnished the silver reflective material a little bit and like rubbed it off :dapprove: tbh to anyone that doesn't know, you would never ever tell, but i know it's there and its really annoying because im trying to get this car as perfect as possible :dapprove: but anyway, onwards and upwards!

Much to the relief of myself and i'm sure most of the forum members, the tints are no more! I manned up and took a hairdrier and some stanley knife blades and made short work of it, no pictures as of yet because i still have a bit of glue to remove on one window, also need to attack them with the autoglym glass polish to make them 100% :boring:

I also popped to the local Citroen dealer and picked up these

IMAG0088.gif

Some nice mist style washer jets from a C3.

IMAG0089.gif

Out with the old

IMAG0090.gif

IMAG0092.gif

After a clean up with chemical guys orange degreaser, CYC clay and autoglym quick detailer ready for the new

IMAG0093.gif

IMAG0096.gif

All fitted, work great dead chuffed :)

Also while the bumper was off to sort the headlight i degreased all the inside of the bumper and all the slam panel and everywhere behind the bumper where grime builds up and also cracked on with the megane 225 washer jets :)

IMAG0095.gif

Spent a while rerunning the two hoses so they were all nice and neat and clipped into the bumper correctly, a little cable tie on each washer jeat nipple just to be on the safe side :)

IMAG0094.gif

Also removed the acoustic valve while the bumper was off, its much easier this way than attampeting it through the wheel arch, you can just about make out where i tucked the vac line and connector block ;) also nice view of the KTR induction kit :)

IMAG0098.gif

IMAG0097.gif

All fitted :) look much better, very pleased :)

But they still don't work :banghead:

Then again, i did drain all the pipework of old washer fluid etc and may not have given them time to have even come on when i was trying to activate them never mind let it push fluid through the system and build pressure up etc, i was trying to pull the stalk and view them at the same time you see so i was getting soaked by the washer jets :rasp:

Oh and this turned up yesterday :)

IMAG0099.gif

I also managed to bag a mint condition rear bumper, in Iceberg Silver, for £75 should be arriving today hopefully :)

Also got a 3/4 plate arriving today or tomorrow too, just to join in the fun :rasp:

Thanks for looking :cheers: