ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Icelle Blue Evo 6

Finally bought myself an evo! Been dreaming of owning a 6 for about 2 years now! Its in really good condition, nice and clean underneath. Sure it has the usual stonechips etc, but its really good for 15years old. Id rather have one thats not completely mint anyway, so you dont have to feel scared of getting stonechips! I love the colour of it, will look brilliant with a good polish and wax.

Its a fantastic spec!

Full custom built exhaust system including the manifold
255 fuel pump
remapped by GR performance
Uprated clutch
ap racing calipers all round, 6 pots up front and 4 pots on the back
eibach springs
18" turinis
Probably plenty more!

Has 2 powergraphs that came with it, one says 372bhp atf, and the other says 356bhp atf with 334lbft. The 356 one has a nice smooth curve though, whereas the other had a little flat spot on it.

Not got anything planned for it really, need to sort the leaky rocker cover and the car park dent in the door. Its pretty much had everything done that I would have done to it anyway. Just to enjoy it when its on the road next spring!

IMG_3235.jpg

IMG_3234.jpg

IMG_3236.jpg

IMG_3237.jpg

Rs200t lux
Very nice and enjoy
Had a few Evos in the past
Just watch out for the Ayc diff
When you go into a drift -slide don't steer into it as the steering wheel sensor tells the diff to turn car in the wrong direction
Secret is to use the throttle and keep the boot in and it sorts itself out and you can get some huge high speed drifts going
Make sure you stick rigidly to the servicing and change all oils when recommended
Join Mlr as there is Lots of how to do on Mlr
You can even do the Ayc with their guides

Thanks for all the kind words folks.

Perfect. The AP kit makes them nigh on untouchable.

You had it on a ramp yet and checked underneath yet?

Not on a ramp, currently got the back jacked up and having a check about. Its looking good so far. Brake lines are a bit scabby, so might have to replace them soon. Also found that its poly bushed all on the back, so hopefully front is the same.

Very nice and enjoy
When you go into a drift -slide don't steer into it as the steering wheel sensor tells the diff to turn car in the wrong direction
Secret is to use the throttle and keep the boot in and it sorts itself out and you can get some huge high speed drifts going
Make sure you stick rigidly to the servicing and change all oils when recommended

Aye the previous owner was telling me about it I honestly reckon im going to be really scared of it for a start. Double the power of the clio!

Beautiful!! I've wanted and Evo 5 since i was a teenager. That looks lovely.

Serious manifold p**n as well :up:

I do love the manifold, work of art. Was made by a company called Nortec, who I believe usually do exhausts for much higher class vehicles!

Turinis? CS Approves.

Hahaha I was waiting for someone to say that!

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Not on a ramp, currently got the back jacked up and having a check about. Its looking good so far. Brake lines are a bit scabby, so might have to replace them soon. Also found that its poly bushed all on the back, so hopefully front is the same.

Good stuff, these things love to rot underneath. :weary:

I lost my track virginity in an Icelle Blue VI in ~00, they sound so f**king angry, I loved it.
Short noisy vid:
th_MOV00013.jpg

Amazing car, man.

My dad's got a 6 as well (RS, without the AYC), and ever since he bought it when I was younger I've dreamt of having an Evo of my own.

Hopefully will have one within the next year or two.

Love this colour. Very jealous hahaha

Tidied up a few bits and pieces on this over winter. Mostly just painted a few parts and cleaned it. Had my first attempt at some machine polishing with this and its came up pretty good I feel. Theres still plenty small scratches in places but I dont think my polish had enough cut to remove them all. It has removed all the swirl marks and made it look really glossy though so happy with that!
Few pics of the polishing, also used wheel sealer for the first time. So surprised at the difference it made!

IMG_3387.jpg

IMG_3346.jpg

IMG_3348.jpg

I refurbed the rocker cover as the paintwork was a bit faded and the lettering was corroded.Took the baffles out, drilled and tapped the rocker cover for refitting them. Just got it painted red again, considered other colours, but just settled with red.
Inside all cleaned out:

IMG_3329.jpg

Baffles refitted:

IMG_3331.jpg

All good in here:

IMG_3339.jpg

New gasket ftted, and I used stainless capscrews round the outside to tidy up the look, heres the finished the article. Polished up the plug cover too:

IMG_3375.jpg

IMG_3376.jpg

Last but not least, I finally drove it! It was absolutely amazing! I actually could not be happier with it. The way it pulls it just amazing. Still not used to the indicators on the other side though, keep using the wipers instead, oops!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice and enjoy

^^^ - post of the thread. This is exactly what I tried to fight when I went on Anglesey Circuit in mine. The end result? Total spin-out. It feels unnatural at first - almost the complete opposite of what you believe you should be doing. But stick at it and as @Shocker says - the car itself maintains composure. Once you get your head around it - the pace of these cars is something else, especially given their age.

I know all Evo owners have their favourites - but I think Mitsubishi reached their pinnacle with the VI. Loved mine. Miss mine!

Cracking purchase m8 - looks like you have a keeper there!