ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ideas on simple mods to clio expression 1.2

clio mk 2 5 door
Hi I am new to this forum and have recently brought a 1.2 clio expression in light metallic blue (not impressed with the colour) i have fitted a K&N filter and a mesh grill as well as a few little bits. I want to debadge the clio badge but heard the holes that are left behind can be a problem. i was just wondering what modifications people think would look good.

clio sport
Alright . I have a 1.2 Clio sport and have a done a little To it , mainly engine wise , depending on what your after . I have team dynamic ultra light gloss black alloys with Toyo proxxies GT1's and vented brembo's . And I think the team dynamic multi spoke alloys work especially well on clio's . Also If you get a cat back race pipe with a simple remap at the cost of around the 200 quid Mark does make a considerable amount of difference . Coilovers with a 40 mm front drop and 30 mm at the rear makes mine sit just nice :) but every owner is different . If you were to de badge just sand the badge down to metal . Get some filler and smooth it off . Should the trick .

clio mk 2 5 door
Alright . I have a 1.2 Clio sport and have a done a little To it , mainly engine wise , depending on what your after . I have team dynamic ultra light gloss black alloys with Toyo proxxies GT1's and vented brembo's . And I think the team dynamic multi spoke alloys work especially well on clio's . Also If you get a cat back race pipe with a simple remap at the cost of around the 200 quid Mark does make a considerable amount of difference . Coilovers with a 40 mm front drop and 30 mm at the rear makes mine sit just nice :) but every owner is different . If you were to de badge just sand the badge down to metal . Get some filler and smooth it off . Should the trick .
yea sounds nice to be fair its only a 1.2 so not too bothered about engine/performace just want it to look a bit slicker. :p
just gonna keep the colour blue and black with a slight bit of carbon wrapping. going to colour code the bumpers but need to find out the colour code of the car. thinking of an RS grille but the mesh i have will do for now.
cheers for the advice guys :)

clio sport
Yeah . I love my Clio so gonna just kit this out as I'm only 18 and looking to go to CSS with it . My dad sprays so I don't have any body work problems . I'll post some picks up soon .

clio mk 2 5 door
Yeah . I love my Clio so gonna just kit this out as I'm only 18 and looking to go to CSS with it . My dad sprays so I don't have any body work problems . I'll post some picks up soon .

niice. yea im 18 aswell. want a bigger engine but insurance would be too much of a b**ch. i want to try and get colour coded bumpers as the black look shhh iiite. is there a simple way to find a colour code for a paint?

clio sport
Logbook for the car mate . If not do a reg check in the Internet or phone Dvla . . K tech racing do a 172/182 full conversion for 3,000 just don't state or change the logbook !

Fabia VRS
As nice as it would be to have a bigger engine, I wouldnt start another arguement about not telling the insurers or putting it down in the logbook. Read through simon's link.

I mean more about the not declaring part. And not worth spending 3k on tbh as you can pick up a tidy 172 for that money. Just wait till you're a bit older so the insurance is stomachable

clio mk 2 5 door
RS Grille, set of fog lights and a bit of lowering is always a winner.

Yea got the fogs in and grill. Think I'm
Gonna get some coils and lower it 40mm for the time being. Any rough idea how much that would set me back?

Join up as a member as they come up in the for sale section quite a lot.

For a non-sport though, you can get raceland coilovers for sub £200 (aesthetic purposes only, but for a 1.2 you don't need racing coilies tbh)

clio mk 2 5 door
Join up as a member as they come up in the for sale section quite a lot.

For a non-sport though, you can get raceland coilovers for sub £200 (aesthetic purposes only, but for a 1.2 you don't need racing coilies tbh)

yea thats what im thinking. not exactly going to use it to race just want it to sit nicer. at the moment whatever i do to it, its still gonna look crap until it is lowered. i will have a loom for racelands. then have to see what the insurance has to say about it haha. that will be the expensive bit