ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Identify connectors?

CB1N
My front fog lights havent been functioning since I bought the car, although indications on the instrument panel light up normally when I switch them on. Relays on the far end of the UCH are all in place (6 of them I believe) but there are some connectors which are left unplugged, presumably by a previous owner. If anyone could help me identify those it would be great. Everything else is in fine working order except the seat heaters (both seats) so it is likely to suppose that everything should work if these connectors are connected properly.

One connector is coming out near the plastic covering the bonnet lever in the footwell, and three other connectors are located just below the cabin fusebox, or to be more precise below the tumblewheel used to adjust the dashboard light intensity. Two of of these three connectors seem to match the one in the footwell physically but they are approx one foot appart and dont seem to reach each other. Maybe a piece of loom is missing beetween these......

Thx in advance!!

Attachments

• SNC00051.jpg
    SNC00051.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 31
  • SNC00055.jpg
    SNC00055.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 31
  • SNC00058.jpg
    SNC00058.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 29
  Lionel Richie
left hand drive car? i would check the connection behind the front bumper, they ALWAYS rust and the fogs stop working

those connectors are probably just spares

CB1N
Yes left hand drive, you are correct. Thx I will check that and see if it is the problem. Are these connections hard to access, is it a bumper off job or the car may be jacked with the bumper undertray plastic removed?

I have read somewhere that the upper connectors are instalation left for the esp or whatever switches but I am curious about the footwell one shown on the first pic?

BMW M135i
Bumper off i'm afriad. You're on your own with the heated seats as uk cars don't get them i've never seen any.