ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm A Fag (is what revels will say)

S4 Avant
So this is part 1 of 2...

Been travelling all over Derbyshire today collecting things and having wheels stripped of tyres.

Managed to primer up all 4 superleggs today, paint shall commence tomorrow. Who knows what colour though ;)

b4480c85.jpg

54c6fc31.jpg

Removing the wheel weights and glue was a pain in the arse... much tar remover was needed.

errrrr not sure what happened here....

22be28ae.jpg

988a0337.jpg

3a21595f.jpg

de1759cb.jpg

and one to show the finish so far in primer. Nice and smooth for paint :approve:

1bb3b771.jpg

Firstly why didn't you pull the valves out? and secondly did you mask the part of the bolt holes where the wheel bolt collar/shoulder contacts the wheel?

S4 Avant
Firstly why didn't you pull the valves out? and secondly did you mask the part of the bolt holes where the wheel bolt collar/shoulder contacts the wheel?

Meh, no ones going to see under the valves, and the paint will be removed from the bolt holes and mating face of the wheel, I'm not an idiot ;)

Meh, no ones going to see under the valves, and the paint will be removed from the bolt holes and mating face of the wheel, I'm not an idiot ;)

I'd have done it on the logic they'll throw new ones in when the tyres are fitted and balanced anyway, as for the latter part this is CS so it's worth asking these things lol

S4 Avant
I'd have done it on the logic they'll throw new ones in when the tyres are fitted and balanced anyway, as for the latter part this is CS so it's worth asking these things lol

I'd hope they fit new valves tbh, but as I looked at these and saw that the design meant they're pushed in, but can't be pushed back out, I couldn't be arsed with cutting them.

Golf GTD Mk7
Nice wheels. Why not powder coat them? I bet you nearly spent £50 on paint. Time and effort etc. You could get them done for a tonne

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
You'll only bin it into a curb again when you've done them.... x

S4 Avant
Nice wheels. Why not powder coat them? I bet you nearly spent £50 on paint. Time and effort etc. You could get them done for a tonne

Saved £50? Plus I like doing work myself, that way I know the jobs done right. Addz sent his wheels back and forth to the powder coaters and each time they came back cracked and still in "primer" grey. Doing it this way is much more satisfying.

I love your spray booth LOL.....

Epic isn't it. God I feel unwell :dead:

I know ;) Gay colour tbh, gonna just look dirty. White was correct. Fail. Again.

wwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy(i believe there was a t in there as well somewhere?)

My exact words to him.....

Our local powder coaters charge £20 for a 15" wheel

Go away x

You'll only bin it into a curb again when you've done them.... x

Ouch? I've hit no curbs in my car thanks transit van

I don't know about being a fag but you're an excellent area rep x

:coffee:
:p

One of my many great skills in life.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Yeah after my experiance with powder coating i'd sooner paint my wheels with a roller tbh.

S4 Avant
Gentlemen, I present to you Rover Stone Grey (Metallic) 300ml.

7205f6e6.jpg

ee97d68c.jpg

753fbb79.jpg

Just got to sort out the runs :dapprove:

BMW M5 & E36
Flat the runs back with 1200 wet/dry and give them another coat of colour after. You'll not tell when theyre lacquered.

S4 Avant
Flat the runs back with 1200 wet/dry and give them another coat of colour after. You'll not tell when theyre lacquered.

That's the plan!

Pain in the arse trying to get all the spokes covered, but avoid getting too much paint on them and running :dapprove: