ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm Making a Rat-Look Clio..... Any advice??

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
can see this looking fokin awesome. in a rat way
+1 on fast car this month.
graf bonnet looks quality.
welcome change to rusted.

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
Rat-Rust_Style_31.jpg

oil drum ftw.

Punto/Clio GTT
IMO you cant create "rat", it creates itself over many years. sure you can add some wide wheels n drop it on its arse, but rusty doors bonnets etc etc are something you simply dont create, it comes naturally.

there was a guy on here who took a sander to his bonnet and let it rust, i hadnt laughed so hard in a long long time.

if its already rusty, fair enough, say its rat, but dont try to get the rat look from a work horse clio, it simply wont work

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
forced rat looks wack! daniel just deck it and banded steel wheels get them to leave them as they are when there just welded without paint, then just drive it as normal but take LESS care of it

J03

MX5 1.8
RAT is ART.... they both have the same letters...
are you artistic enough to make something completley unique? like all art its marmite to a certain taste... ;)

Bus w**ker
FFS I should of put the price up PMSL. ;) Surprised at the amount of interest TBQFH.

I wondered if you'd go rat with it when you said what you were planning. When I, briefly, considered doing something to it I was thinking a Valvan (see what I did there) engine, wheels, wings, bonnet...well basically everything bar the rear interior.

Glad you're happy with it though and good to meet you mate. Plus the bumper was the perfect end to a quick sale!

Sy

p.s. I'm expecting a passenger ride out in this...you've got till FCS. GO! ;)

clio sport cup
Where does this look come from? and whats the history of it? and why does it (genuine question) look 'cool'?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
IMO you cant create "rat", it creates itself over many years. sure you can add some wide wheels n drop it on its arse, but rusty doors bonnets etc etc are something you simply dont create, it comes naturally.

there was a guy on here who took a sander to his bonnet and let it rust, i hadnt laughed so hard in a long long time.

if its already rusty, fair enough, say its rat, but dont try to get the rat look from a work horse clio, it simply wont work

I normally agree with you......

Today I don't.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
A set of coilovers. Wind them right down.

Sand-blasted bonnet, then leave it in the garden for a month.

Banded steels, minimum 14x10 on the back. With camber shims.

Cover one of the wings in stickers/tags, and kick it in.

Strip and camo-paint the interior. One bucket.

Done.

Renaultsport 200
Maybe im getting old (24 years old), or maybe I just don't get it.

You are going to rust a car, stick stickers on it and bash it in a bit?. Worst of all this is going to cost you money and you like this sort of thing yes?....

"Whatever next" - I say in my elderly voice!

It's for VWs only I reckon - doing it to a Clio or those Vauxhalls looks like a pathetic attempt to copy it and it will just look daft/chavvy.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
FLOL at the divide between the haters and the lovers!

I personally can't stand the sight of Turinis, silvervisions and eibach sportlines.

Its good to be different!

spaceball.gif

Last edited:
10x14's... not a chance lol

7x13 front and 8x13 rear steels.... coilovers as low as they go... few choice additions... Job done

Im ashamed The illiams was tagged as rat.... Theres a fine line between looking cool and looking like a dick lol

PICT2177.gif

Last edited:

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
It's for VWs only I reckon - doing it to a Clio or those Vauxhalls looks like a pathetic attempt to copy it and it will just look daft/chavvy.

do some research son....lol....this came from hotrods back in the day so the idea that its only for vw's who stole the idea anyway is pish...

FLOL at the divide between the haters and the lovers!

I personally can't stand the sight of Turinis, silvervisions and eibach sportlines.

Its good to be different!

spaceball.gif

halauah (sp)...someone with some sense

could sort you out some rat stickers and an old rat mag dude from a few months back... have an idea for some other bits too...

do some research son....lol....this came from hotrods back in the day so the idea that its only for vw's who stole the idea anyway is pish...

Son? lol.

It just doesn't work on Clios, or that Corsa and Astra. It just look ridiuclous and the car just looks "s**t" rather than "rat". I've only ever seen pictures from the VW scene do it where it could potentially be described "cool". But even that's debatable as consciously making your car look scruffy to most people is STRANGE behaviour.

ZX6R B1H
Personally, I say.... Its your shitbox.... do what the funk you want with/to it...

just dont expect everybody to love it badge it up as marmite lol... But Have funn doing it thats allllll that counts.

Why run coilovers when you can cut springs, uber cheap and its not as if your going to be going above 20mph pmsl. No point spending big money on it tbh :D

1.5 Clio Dynamique

good point but wrong fact

to be honest it would look tacky and chavvy

either do it properly or not at all (e.g not on a renault)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
to be honest it would look tacky and chavvy

(e.g not on a renault)

So what??

I'm doing it because I think it looks cool.

Now lets see. WHEN its finished and parked up at FCS, whats going to get more attention? My rediculous looking ratvan or a 172 with turinis and cup splitter.....

106 GTI
So what??

I'm doing it because I think it looks cool.

Now lets see. WHEN its finished and parked up at FCS, whats going to get more attention? My rediculous looking ratvan or a 172 with turinis and cup splitter.....

you forgot silvervisions, without them the world is doomed

Never above 25mpg
Should start a project thread Dan!! I'm quite keen to see how this progresses.
Would think about yellow fogs/headlights too and a bonnet bra maybe?

Static Low
U hit the nail on the head

ridiculous looking ratvan

people are going to be looking at it because its ridiculous..
not because its cleana and smart like a clio with turinis etc