ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm Making a Rat-Look Clio..... Any advice??

Bus w**ker
Fair enough airing your opinions. But telling Dan straight out that he shouldn't be doing it because you are deluded enough to think that it can't be done to anything other than a VW and heaven forbid to a Renault. Get a grip eh?

It's a 12 year old Van, Dan owns it, his choice to do with it what he likes and it's his money to spend how he likes. I'm not a fan of rat look personally, but it's not my van any more so what should I or anyone else for that matter care?

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
FLOL at the divide between the haters and the lovers!

I personally can't stand the sight of Turinis, silvervisions and eibach sportlines.

Its good to be different!

spaceball.gif

that is the best thing i have read on here for a while mate... personally i love the rat look. getting it right is an art but if done right will look the shizz.. game on!

U hit the nail on the head

ridiculous looking ratvan

people are going to be looking at it because its ridiculous..
not because its cleana and smart like a clio with turinis etc

Yes exactly lol. Walk down the street dressed in a skirt and you'll also get more "attention" than someone else. The key is to get the right sort of attention, not people just standing there shaking their heads/laughing :p :clown:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
people are going to be looking at it because its ridiculous..

And that is my objective!!

If I wanted to look cool, i'd get in my Audi. If I wanted to look like a racing driver, i'd get in my Track car.

But I don't. I want to be a bit different and do something out of the ordinary from what i'm used to.

Iceburg 172FF
I think some of them look great in a strange way, if you wanna do it go ahead f**k what anyone else thinks

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I think some of them look great in a strange way, if you wanna do it go ahead f**k what anyone else thinks

Hi5!

And IIRC, The point of this thread was 'any advice' not 'whats your opinion'.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
valver front end with yellow lights/fogs
very low
banded steeley's
roof rack with rusty oil drum!..

go!

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Cut springs are the only way to go with rat look. It needs to be sitting on its ass.

Strip the paint on the bonnet and let it rust.

Mk2 Clio dci
f**k what the brown nosing sheep say and dooo it!
I wanna see this happen! If only i had some spare cash to do one myself..

Punto/Clio GTT
how is a properly rusted bonnet different to that one above?

obviously its just surface rust but thats all youre gonna get by trying to create rust

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm not going to rub down 70% of the bonnet, i'm going to dip the whole bonnet and repaint the inside.

I'm going to paint the car Army Green, I'm going to have banded steel wheels with white wall tyres, i'm going for a 60's style roof rack and its going to have some other 'different' touches.

My sweet.

clio 172 sport ph2
isn't it dangerous to other road users someone running around in a rusting away car?

and i don't get the whole rusty look yet lowering it, having nicely painted wheels, and basically modding it in any way

anyhow mate ur money so hats off to ya

Mini Cooper S sport
I don't understand this rat look thing. Get a car and make it look s**t. Rusted bonnet? Graffiti? WTF?

I guess I'm just not cool :(

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
who gives a shiz what dan does, its his van let him do what he feels he need to do, its old so why all the complaints lol.

Gunna keep an eye on this one, im tempted to get a j reg vw passat estate at work for £50, rusty old girl already.

ZX6R B1H
rusty shiney look, get it rusty and bang on some clear coat... it should last for a show season lol you can even join the detailing boys and get it pc'd ;)

Nato green matt finish i take it?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
rusty shiney look, get it rusty and bang on some clear coat... it should last for a show season lol you can even join the detailing boys and get it pc'd ;)

Nato green matt finish i take it?

Funnily enough, my painter said we'll laquer the bonnet after its gone rusty! Nato green matt finish indeed :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
my collegue recently painted his civic in nato matt green, didn't take very much paint.....

as for people saying about it being unsafe / un-roadworthy i think you'll find most proper rat cars are sound mechanically and structurally and there for no more unsafe than anything else.......just the same as a car with a massive bodykit really

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Looks pretty s**t already tbh.

Don't get it really, paying to make a s**t car look shitter?

Suppose some people like it, just not my thing.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I don't know what state the car is in, but would you not rather spend the money getting the valver back to minty mintness? Or would that cost an arm and a leg.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I don't know what state the car is in, but would you not rather spend the money getting the valver back to minty mintness? Or would that cost an arm and a leg.

The valver is away being worked as we speak. This is a little project to run alongside it as i'm bored with no valver to work on.

LY R26
low as it will go, wide steelies, upswept zorst, paint the whole van in blackboard paint and leave some chalks on the scuttle when you park up at FCS!

low as it will go, wide steelies, upswept zorst, paint the whole van in blackboard paint and leave some chalks on the scuttle when you park up at FCS!

Is that not just Matt black?

All depends how your doing it. Like some one did on here and just rusted a bonnet it looked dilapidated and I couldn't ever drive that around in public.

M2 Competition
Zebra print/ leopard print seat covers. Cheap and will sort the interior.

Im not keen on the bonnet either! Black bonnet and roof maybe?

Arctic blue 182ff
Dan check out one of my threads 'I found a rat on my drive'

It's got my bros old mk1 fiesta in rat look...