ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Im New...What shall i do!?

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Hey im a new member.

I recently picked up a silver 2001 clio 1.2 Dynamique, and i want to make it into a 182 replica. Where to start. I think i need to change:

colour code side mouldings,
rear bumper swap
custom exhaust
front bumper swap
front wings
skirts
spoiler
lights
Lowered

Other than the interior anyone got any ideas on where to start. I was thinking i should colour code the side mouldings as money is pretty tight atm being a student, but should i DIY looks round breakers for clio sport mouldings, or have it done at a bodyshop...and how much is it going to cost, just the side mouldings?

Anyway let me know what you would do, cost etc..
Cheers

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
i would.......save my money up and buy a 182.

No offence like, but when you come to sell it, nobody will pay the extra for a 182 rep than they would a 1.2 dynamique.

If it were me, i'd just lower, colourcode and stick some nice wheels on it. Then, when you come to sell it, take the wheels off, put the std springs on, and you'll sell it quicker, and you'll have springs and wheels for your 182 when you can afford to run one!

RenaultSport 197
No point converting your nice car already mate, the silver 1.2 Dynamique is a beautiful car. If you want to mod it, you would be better off buying a body kit etc.. doing it that way then trying to convert it, probably less work and expense too!

But its entirely your choice. Good luck!

RenaultSport clio 182
I agree, save your money and then spend it on 182 once you've graduated. That would make a nice graduation present to yourself wouldnt it! While your at Uni you can build up your NCB too.

LY V6 with Recaros
Agree with the others, I'd save the money, as you won't get it back when you sell. Just stick to a few subtle mods like lowering, and save the money so you can buy a 182 when you graduate.

Oh and welcome :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
make it look pretty,

2004_0529clio0134.gif

2004_0529clio0112-1.gif

thats my old one, not a 182 rep but i think it looked good

Z4
What's the point in making it look like a sport? the best thing about the clio sports is the performace, not the looks!

J

JACKO CUP 172!

i would save ya money!! get ya self a prper 182..

and welcome..

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Every1 seems pretty certain i shouldnt do too much, i mean i do want it to look the part of a 182 though, by the time i sell it i probably wont have much done anyway. I agree the best part of the 182 is the performace but wouldnt hurt to make my dynamique look better though...

Who else has colour coded their car btw...(other than above) anyone wanna fill me in on best DIY methods, or cost to have it done professionally?? should i look at the breakers, i guess im pretty decided i want to start making it look like a 182....with time

Renault Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2
I was going to do the same, look around on ebay some stuff is harder to get hold off. I just thought in the end, its better to be a wolf in sheeps clothing (because to the untrained eye a 172/182 doesnt look different to a normal clio) insted of a sheep in wolfs clothing (to the 172/182 enthusiasts)

Renault Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2
also 1 of the best things about the sports are the colours (racing blue) etc...and that it would cost a silly amount for a full re-spray

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
best colour is hologram grey n they never did a sport in that colour, im sooo goin to get a 182 done in that colour

133/225/CLS AMG
I would personally say that you should modify it as a Dynamique rather than into a Sport.

It'll look nice with all the kit on it but still won't be a 182 so perhaps go for some nice euro styling. Wide rims, smoothing and colour coding. I'd say that would make it very smart. :D

Also the cost of turning it into a complete replica would be pretty high.

Turbos.
I'd basically do what Taylor did, with the Sport rear bumper and colour coding.

It's a cost effective way of transforming the car. Drop it on Turinis and you have a first car to be proud of!