ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

immobiliser fault ? relay and UCH unit clicking like mad

Clio sport 172
hiya new to the forum not long signed up need to pick a clio enthusiasts brains

bought my 2002 clio sport 172 friday by saturday the alarm was constantly going off and bleeping the red immobiliser light was on constant (solid red) it would crank over for a few seconds then stop.

had a read up on this forum and people suggested the UCH unit to be faulty ? i picked up a working key with chip, key reader ring, engine ecu and UCH unit. the car was still the same, but now its all going tits up the UCH unit is clicking like mad along with one of the relays in the engine fuse box

i have also stripped back the loom inside (dash out ) checked all the wires, also had all the fuses out and multi plugs and cleaned off all the green substance off every engine relay and fuse.

im getting lost with it now beginning to be a headache

do i need the dashboard clocks to be matched to the new ecu, uch unit ?

Any help would be much appreciated

thanks

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
As above the things you have changed are plug and play.

The coded set consists of ECU, UCH, decoder ring and key fob. You don't need clocks.

Was the relay in the engine bay clicking with the old unit? If not it sounds like your new one is also dead. Make sure if your car has an N3 UCH your new one does also.

I had a problem with a replacement kit once which was also faulty in a different way to the one I replaced. A second set sorted the problem.