ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Impreza P1. Post pics of your car...

Turbos.
3.jpg

Wow!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
We can but dream...we can but dream ;)

Hehe, you know you'd still be here, with your new Scooby ;) :rasp:

I've got a test drive on the hawkeye uk sti on friday I think LOL

regardless next year I'm getting another scoob LOL! and yes I know I will be here LOL

damn you scutch.......damn you to hell. You and your defi pictures !!! GIT lol

Dont know what you mean :(

defi2.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
B@llsie - So your car gained 75/80bhp from an exhaust, filter and remap?

Whats the standard torque figure for a FQ320?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

I wouldnt doubt that figure to be honest. A standard Impreza P1 was dyno'd at 284bhp and was then treated to a full stainless downpipe and exhaust system to the backbox (standard P1 backbox remained) and it was then dyno'd at 314bhp. The Evo handles modifications and gains power for a lot less money than the Impreza. I do prefer the looks of the Evo VI, but you've definitely got to respect the newer models in terms of reliability and performance when modified.

I thought it had torque figures on www.letstorquebhp.com but just glancing at it I cant find them. I'd be interested in this figure too.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Its not i doubt it as such. I dont have any knowledge about evo's really so couldnt! Just seems one hell of a hike! The sx can gain 80bhp with similar mods but a fmic is needed aswel. But obviously the Evo has one anyway..But anything after 300bhp is where a turbo is needed as the T28 starts to run out of puff. The FQ320 must have a fair old standard turbo on it to run 400bhp. They even changed it on the FQ400 to run that power didnt they?

Any turbo car responds well to breathing mods and boost hike. I doubt the P1 could run in excess of 360bhp on the standard turbo could it?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Its not i doubt it as such. I dont have any knowledge about evo's really so couldnt! Just seems one hell of a hike! The sx can gain 80bhp with similar mods but a fmic is needed aswel. But obviously the Evo has one anyway..But anything after 300bhp is where a turbo is needed as the T28 starts to run out of puff. The FQ320 must have a fair old standard turbo on it to run 400bhp. They even changed it on the FQ400 to run that power didnt they?

Any turbo car responds well to breathing mods and boost hike. I doubt the P1 could run in excess of 360bhp on the standard turbo could it?

No. You're talking upgrading and increasing the turbo definitely. The ones running over 400bhp have FMIC's, too. All adds up, and obviously becomes more and more temperamental :(

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

No. You're talking upgrading and increasing the turbo definitely. The ones running over 400bhp have FMIC's, too. All adds up, and obviously becomes more and more temperamental :(

Thats all i was thinking. Just about every jap car i know of needs a turbo upgrade for 400bhp. Scoobs/pulsars/skylines/supra's/sx's/GT4's etc.

But as said, i dont know anyhting about evo's so could well be true..:) For 400bhp and 400 ft/lbs of torque its gotta be a good turbo! I think theyre twin scroll like the mr2's..? Just seems a little strange that even the fq400 runs a bigger turb?

Tappd'd RS

Standard torque - is 305 IIRC. MR has different (stronger) turbo and cams to a standard VIII. Evos make a lot of power for very little money

It's not just the tuner I went to that offers a 400/400 package, the majority of the big names do.

Power to the people :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Standard torque - is 305 IIRC. MR has different (stronger) turbo and cams to a standard VIII. Evos make a lot of power for very little money

It's not just the tuner I went to that offers a 400/400 package, the majority of the big names do.

Any examples? I still find it hard to beleive that you get 400/400 on the standard turbo and injectors? What cc are they as standard? What duty are they at 400bhp?? 75bhp and 95ft/lbs of torque for exhaust, filter and remap just seems mental! I mean whats the point of the engine mods on the fq400 when it only produces 405bhp and 350ft/lbs??

I've not seen many 400/400 conversion on evo 8's yeah its not much work to get it.

Mainly they have been on the MIVEC engined evos i.e evo 9s seen it lots of time

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/106659.htm <---- If i could get off my arse and sort it this would/will be mine LOL

will wait till after insurance renewal time

Getting into the swing of the later Evo models now. Didnt like the look of them to be honest, as I prefer the Evo VI, but respect of what they can do adds up to a change of thoughts I think and the look of them is growing on me big time. B@llsie has a minter, and they are so tuneable.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
As everyone's posting theyre old cars too -

My old 185bhp hybrid -

Valver7.gif

ebay165.gif

ebay154.gif

My Valver -
myvalver.gif

My Golf GTi -
2005_0611Image0063.gif

My Ibiza -
ibiza.gif

And finaly a pic of my sx from sat -

ebay239.gif

Reckon i've done well for 21.

Tappd'd RS

Any examples? I still find it hard to beleive that you get 400/400 on the standard turbo and injectors? What cc are they as standard? What duty are they at 400bhp?? 75bhp and 95ft/lbs of torque for exhaust, filter and remap just seems mental! I mean whats the point of the engine mods on the fq400 when it only produces 405bhp and 350ft/lbs??

That's the whole point of why Mitsi got it wrong with the FQ400. The went for a bigger turbo when they didn't need to. It does come with a warranty (60k IIRC) though remember.

Here is what WRC Technologies are offering. They do include a new intercooler and boost controller, but are offering more power than I have - http://www.wrc-tech.co.uk/mitsubishi-performance-evo8MR-wrc400.htm

I went to Evo400 / Dentistmapped.com - www.evo400.co.uk

If you don't believe me then ask the question on www.lancerregister.com - loads of us have shelled out very little money for huge power gains.

http://www.lancerregister.com/reg_cardetails.php?carid=1463 - standard turbo / injectors

http://www.lancerregister.com/reg_cardetails.php?carid=492 - as above

Standard intercooler and injectors are good until you want to move up futher in the 400's.

With the IX you can get well into the 400's on the standard Ecu, turbo (with a slight mod), injectors etc.

Last edited:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh right. You didnt say it costs 2/3k! lol! Fair enough though. What kit did you go for?

What are thye standard injectors? 600cc?

Tappd'd RS
Sorry, I assumed you realised we were talking that sort of money :) Mine was less as I didn't go for the intercooler as I don't expect to upgrade any futher.

I don't have a clue about the injector size to be honest.

I went for the Evo400 / Dentistmapped package with Magnex exhaust parts and HKS induction. I forgot to mention that the fuel pump needs to be uprated too.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Fair do's! :) The main reason i was really doubting was the mods you've stated above for some cars like my sx are well under 1k. So i was thinking...400bhp for 1k? Everyone would be driving 400bhp evo's...lol

Also i gotta say its gotta have a mighty fine turbo! And standard engine spec tbh! When do you get full boost?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
My girlfriend had a Quicksilver for her first motor. Awesome cars. Cheap insurance, and nippy as hell :D

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Also scutch, what do you get to a tank?

Can be anything depending on how you use the loud pedal. When I first got the car it was just over 300 :)

Now I'd say circa 260 everyday driving and pottering around.

Tappd'd RS
Ok guys - full boost from about 3000 rpm.

I get about 220 miles to a 45 litre tank of V-Power no matter how I drive. mpg was very poor even before mods.

Servicing ever 4500 miles - 4500 mile services are about £200ish and 9000 services are over £400. That's from a Mitsi dealer with the engine flush and fully synthetic oil etc.

Ok guys - full boost from about 3000 rpm.

I get about 220 miles to a 45 litre tank of V-Power no matter how I drive. mpg was very poor even before mods.

Servicing ever 4500 miles - 4500 mile services are about £200ish and 9000 services are over £400. That's from a Mitsi dealer with the engine flush and fully synthetic oil etc.

sheesh!!! not so bad if you dont too many miles though I guess :) My mileage would mean only 2 services a year. The servicing prices at Xtreme are pretty good, and Toney Cox is the man :D

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I had gold 16 Turinis on my Clio Williams. Looked dapper, but took them off in favour of the originals, which also look fantastic. That valver looked mint. Any engine shots?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Thats fair enough. As you did, if it was a willy i would have stuck with the speedlines..

engine2.gif

It later had a stainless mani and the airbox put back on.
ebay166.gif