ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Improvement suggestions please..

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
So I recently picked up a Trophy and would welcome suggestions on how I can improve it.

Since the purchase I have bought new genuine rear discs and pads and I'm painting the calipers red..

I will also be getting a whiteline arb fitted shortly..

Here is the description of the car when I bought it..

Thanks in advance..

New Trophy

Full Renault service history as follows; 13,020 - 10/11/06 29,852 - 25/6/07 45,655 - 4/1/08 53,447 - 23/9/08 69,542 - 30/9/09 77,646 - 25/2/11 88,224 - 7/6/12

MOT due in March 2014

Tax due 31st September 2013

3 previous owners Current mileage 91,000.

I have spent alot of money on the car since i bought it with the biggest and most important outlay being on the Sachs suspension (The hype behind a Trophy!)

The front Sachs have been refurbished by BG Motorsport at a cost of £564.76 at the same time i replaced the Top mounts £94.33 and Front wishbones £141.98.
Both genuine Renault parts with receipts. The rear Sachs have also been replaced for new units £185.32. Eibach camber bolts and lowering springs also fitted. Once all the above was fitted i had the alignment set by Pro-Grip.

The Cambelt, auxillary belt, dephaser pulley plus the tensioners and core plugs were changed at 90k (Just last month!) All Renault parts again!! Oil and filter were changed at the same time with Fuchs Titan Race ProS 5-40......£550!

The tyres are Yokohama AD08's which really enhance the handling of the car with stiffer sidewalls simular to the no longer avaibale standard fit Michelin PS2.

Other work carried out on the car all with genuine Renault parts with receipts within the last 5 months;

Front DS2500 pads & Renault rear pads RBF600 brake fluild

OSR handbrake cable
Lower engine mount
Centre exhaust mount
Exhaust clamps
Power steering switch
Sump seal Spark plugs
Cabin filter
Fuel filter
Coolant
Mats
Front splitter
Touch up pen
Aux in cable for iPod/iPhone.

Even new wipers front and rear!!

197 style rear badge and new plates front and back.

As you can see no expense has been spared on this car, with genuine Renault parts used through out, it wants for nothing! Interior is very clean with new mats just been fitted. Seats bolsters are in excellent condition too.

There is a Stainless Steel exhaust fitted from the Cat back.

K&N panel filter also fitted.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Clean it up and make small simple mods.

Outside -
Front splitter if needed.
Xenon Headlights

Inside -
182 Rear bench & door cards to match the recaro seats.
Carbon fiber dash strips, steering wheel insert & gear knob.

Engine -
Engine Cover
Painted / powder coated inlet & Fuel rail
Samco hose's

Suspension & Brakes -
Power Flex Dogbone Mount
Power Flex Wishbone Bush's
Power Flex Outer & Inner FARB Bush's
Solid Engine Mounts (If You Want To Go Hardcore Ride)
Braided Brake Lines & Brake Fluid Change

Last edited:

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Sell it and buy mine in Sept;)
Spent a lot on mine to get it where its at lol

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Hi mate,

What's wrong with yours and why does it need improving? If nothing needs doing then you'd be better off saving the money and spending it on trackdays, driving tuition & fuel.

If on the other hand you just want to throw some money at the T then there are literally hundreds of things you could do. Check out the "best mods" thread on the go at the moment if you want some inspiration, either for increasing going/stopping power or improving the interior/exterior aesthetics.

It all depends on how much you want to spend but most importantly what you want the car to be - a stripped-out lightweight weapon, a turbo'd beast, a subtly-modified Trophy or something else.

Yep! I keep forgetting they're there. Then people on here say 'I'll have them on Friday' and never get back to me.

No idea why they've not shifted!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
To be honest I love it, it drives superb and handles incredibly but if I can make it better as in handling then thats something Id be interested in.. Speed wise Im happy as it s easily quick enough for my needs and Im sure will be epic when I get it on a track..

Think I need something to compare it with, maybe try and get some cheeky passenger rides on a track..

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like a brilliant spec'd and looked after Trophy imo, just enjoy it and keep it well serviced, I personally wouldnt change anything about that spec other than little things you may wish to do. Glad you finally got your hands on a good one ;)

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Looks like a brilliant spec'd and looked after Trophy imo, just enjoy it and keep it well serviced, I personally wouldnt change anything about that spec other than little things you may wish to do. Glad you finally got your hands on a good one ;)

​Cheers Keith , wish I had your spanner skills...