ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In need of a panel filter..... ITG or Ktec?

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
As title states I'm looking to buy a panel filter to replace original one

Which is better?
Or they both the same?
I know ITG is more money but is there a reason behind it?

Cheers

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Ktec is pipercross, which I prefer. ITG comes very over oiled, and they can be restrictive

Lionel Richie
yep seriously, waste of time its not going to make your car any quicker by fitting a fancy panel filter

no one bothers cleaning them (its a hassle to do anyway!)

its all we use, even on the track cars etc, Sam's 182 did 192 bhp and 166 torques using a stock filter, they're not restrictive (unless dirty as f**k!)

WRX
It will make about the same performance gain as letting that one you've been brewing off before you get in the car, instead of sharing it with passengers.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
It will make about the same performance gain as letting that one you've been brewing off before you get in the car, instead of sharing it with passengers.

You've lost me? :-/

WRX
Get rid of excess "gas" weight,it would have about the same effect. Realistically,even if it made 2bhp you wouldn't tell.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Get rid of excess "gas" weight,it would have about the same effect. Realistically,even if it made 2bhp you wouldn't tell.

Ah I see. Silly me. Ye I get you

So basically

It's pointless?

WRX
Well I'm a bit cynical to any mods unless they give you at least 20ish bhp you'd hardly tell any difference really. Others may disagree but that's my take on it all. Think the Top Gear Espace episode summed up mild mods perfectly.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Well I'm a bit cynical to any mods unless they give you at least 20ish bhp you'd hardly tell any difference really. Others may disagree but that's my take on it all. Think the Top Gear Espace episode summed up mild mods perfectly.

Wow I could tell you some things about how that was filmed. Wasn't even the same engine in the end. Base nothing on that

WRX
Just meant a load of bolt on bits basically mate, but yes I know they go mad for dramatic effect a lot, so could well believe it.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Haha. Top gear is ridiculous anyway, most of the things they do anyway aren't realistic :-/

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Ooo do tell?

car they bought was absolutely mullered, the engine made no power before they started so they pulled it out and put another in, which i think (long time since i was told the story) was a clio v6 lump, so higher output to start with. Pretty much put the whole thing to ****. There was more to it, but it's ages since i was told (by the guy that fitted the engine, and one of the most high regarded mappers in the country)