ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction Kit vs Panel Filter

So people

i have a 1.2 16v 2003 clio

Do i buy an uprated Panel filter!!!
ITG handmade for 55 notes i think

or go for the one ktec do at 127.25 including discount but not delivery..

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=367

hmm and i would also have to buy an caf aswell, can get a quality one for 20 notes

147.25 for a induction kit hmm a little steep but is it worth it...

its seems a panel filter would be the best option, looking through the threads i may have answered my own question... i think i would agree no to the induction kit.

Last edited:
  Mk1 MX-5 next summer
from wat i have read, induction will decrease power on 1.2 if it hasnt got cold air feed as it will take in hot air. Also u have to declare on mods not sure if u do have to declare panel. Duno. Plus price.

Mk2 Golf GTI
I've got a pipercross viper for the 1.2 16v for sale if interested!

If you want pics PM me

I'm letting it go for at least £100 cheaper than k-tec sell them for

172 cup
I alternate between an ITG panel filter and a Viper on my cup (elephant wont insure me with the Viper - although they dont care about my Superchip?!) and i think the ITG filters are worth the money.

Although i did have to declare my panel filter as its still non-standard, but only put my insurance up 3 quid a month.

Motorbikes
my 1.2 16v 2001 clio is definatly quicker with a standard air gilter and a cold feed running straight into the air box. took my induction kit off as it was definatly way slower.