ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction Kits - KEEP THE FILTERS OILED!

The instructions in my K-Tec kit don't mention oiling it - even though I have the spray, mine came bagged up and pretty thoroughly pre-oiled so I never bothered doing it myself and hence why it was so clean when I took it off during my last service.
As I have no basis for comparison I assumed they all came that way.

RS RIP
Most companies don't pre oil any more as the oil interferes with VAG air flow sensors - RamAir said it would be fine running without oil but those pictures obviously show otherwise

99% of the dirt in the pics is because of the oil-breather still being connected...
disconnect this (buy one of those little filter-thingy's, stick it on the tube+let it vent to atmosphere) and your TB will stay squeaky-clean

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Cleaned mine the other day.....
Noticed that there was a greasy black residue behind the throttle butterfly, but none in front?
This is with the RS2.....changed from the pipercross to an ITG.....seems a better filter

RS Clio 182
JamesStone@stealthsport you used to be JMS right? Will you still be doing the JMS airbox and remaps? And if so how much for those?

cheers mate

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
bump to this!
I have a k-tec style induction fitted with a ramair foam filter which I am cleaning every 3-6000 miles and also oiling it properly but still find some dust in the silicone hose after the filter.
Are there any better filters out there? maybe more expensive brands like pipercross or ITG? do they filter better?

Thx!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
ITG filter pretty well, but ultimately none filter as well as the stock one.

It's just a trade-off between filtration and airflow.