ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inferiority complex!

133/225/CLS AMG

I know someone mentioned on here about how they were in their 172 and a chav in a Williams was driving like he had something to prove. (Not that you need to in a Williams)

I had a really weird thing, saw a standard Clio ahead and was driving normally. Eventually I ended up behind it and all of a sudden it was tailgating the van in front, itching to over take.

Even tried to overtake and had to slam the brakes on as nearly had a head on.

Has anyone else experience reactions like that and the need some people feel to try and prove themselves???? :confused:

ST

I have a 1.2 16v dynamique......not particularly fast in any way, but when im on the motorway just cruising along 70/75 when out of nowhere there is a t*sser (the rep type) in a BMW 316s or a bottom of the range VW passat and the likes sitting on my bumper when they can clearly overtake in one of the other two lanes! It really p1sses me off as i dont drive around like a pr*ck but it seems since ive got an exhaust and a few other bits and pieces done to my car others think i am out to prove something!

I had my wheels taken off and sold them to my friend... basically this chap was talking to my pal once hed put my old chromes on... saying he knew of a clio with similar wheels on in the area... (Mine).. And said ive tried to race him before but hes never really taken me up on it.... this guy has a 225 Megane... Dont think I have to prove anything.. TBH i dont even know whats quicker?.. Im guessing the 225.

133/225/CLS AMG

BM 316 drivers are pretty bad. I had a guy in one tailing me in the outside lane. Bearing in mind I was going faster than the inside lane and there were cars ahead.

Funny thing was as soon as he saw a gap he tried to undertake, I just put my foot down a bit and he had no hope!! lol

Whatever car you have just enjoy it, I look at Ferraris/Lambos and think damn bet they are f-ing quick but doesnt mean I have to show how quick my car is!?!?!?

325ci sport cab 2004

Does the post make sense or is it just late in the afternoon.

So who was overtaking who and what..

All you lot seem to knwo what he oe she is one about, hmm.

Octavia VRS

are BMW 316s even that much faster than my 1.4?!! :p

If a 172/182 comes behind me I usually just admire and wait for it to overtake me!

[Edited by POW_Clio on 19 May 2005 at 4:18pm]

133/225/CLS AMG

Quote: Originally posted by MOJJO on 19 May 2005

He (thats me) was following a standard Clio (Dynamique) and from observing the car from a distance the driver seemed fine. Then as soon as I was behined her/him they suddenly felt the urge to tailgate the person in front and try at really unsafe places to overtake the van in front.

My point was that it seemed they had something to prove even if that meant very nearly having a head on accident.

172 GTR

Quote: Originally posted by MOJJO on 19 May 2005

You cant understand us???? We clearly cant understand you mate!!!!!