ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inferno Orange 182 Cup

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Hi all,

I've been looking through everyone's threads and it's making me jealous so here's my own! I bought my Clio a week ago today from Bournemouth, not much has really changed in that time minus a full detail, aftermarket radio and the purchase of some Eibach springs.

I bought this car for a fast road/track project so I'm after the perfect balance between the two. My other car is a 390bhp Golf GTI so I don't really need speed from the clio, just good handling and all round fun :ROFLMAO:

Here's the first pic I took:

u1WwSwZ.jpg

The bodywork is pretty great. The bonnet has been rattle can'd and so has half of the back bumper. Apart from a couple dents here and there, it's a nice straight car. I immediately decided I was fed up of not having the radio code, so I dug out a spare radio and fitted that.

TtxfNOY.jpg

After a couple days of daily driving it, I thought I'd get it parked up and detail it. I started with a decontamination then did a stage 1 paint correction.

nLAhcjp.jpg

frczR16.jpg

9lVuTFq.jpg

GpiIeFl.jpg

dgPfcDM.jpg

QUkjR56.jpg

Here you can see a 50/50 on the poorly painted bonnet, I had to wet sand it to try and get any shine out of it!

VjRebbY.jpg

That's it for now really.. I've got my springs to fit and I'm on the hunt for a steering wheel, I'll probably go for the OMP option.

I believe the car has got a Yozza Sport exhaust and it has some pikey intake. That's it mod wise I think.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Ordered a cambelt kit, water pump, dephaser and a new clutch kit from Renault. Got service bits and new plugs to go in. Would you recommend OEM leads or Magnecor ones?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Ordered a cambelt kit, water pump, dephaser and a new clutch kit from Renault. Got service bits and new plugs to go in. Would you recommend OEM leads or Magnecor ones?

OE leads are pretty good on these tbf. I replaced mine along with coil pack and injectors last year.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Love that - looks fantastic 👏

Would you mind sharing the cost of having the paint sorted? It’s always good to know for other members wanting similar with their 1*2

That’ll look epic on OZ’s 😍

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Love that - looks fantastic 👏

Would you mind sharing the cost of having the paint sorted? It’s always good to know for other members wanting similar with their 1*2

That’ll look epic on OZ’s 😍

It's definitely not the cheapest job but it's the best job that could of been done, especially with Inferno being full of pearl! Depends how you break it down but it's darn expensive. Worth it though!!

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
She's a beauty :love: Here's some spam of photos from yesterday at work and parked up at home o_O

LGLC8og.jpg

sKEFkGw.jpg

a6P7pre.jpg

RCL77lT.jpg

YBMTZ2p.jpg

jv9GaNi.jpg

I have also decided against fitting the OZ's, I am refurbishing the original wheels and giving it a complete overhaul to keep it as original as possible! If anyone has a standard airbox setup let me know :)

I'll be looking for a use and abuse 182/172 in the next few weeks as this car won't be used much now, in the hope that the prices rise in the future!!

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Not much has changed really on the Clio, I had a spare inlet manifold powder coated crinkle black

7VYfH27.jpg

I took the car to Caffeine and Machine for a Renault Sport day there late last year and It's sat since then!

JV1WyKV.jpg

I then went out and bought a Megane 250 with a few mods done and have been focusing on that car as my Nurburgring trip is fast approaching and I wanted something fast :ROFLMAO:

s2LKqUP.jpg

The clio won't be going anywhere, I'll use it on the nice summer days but the megane is my main priority now :)